DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
W505 w/ H701

Front: Dynaudio 342 (using DYN passives)
Rear: Dynaudio 242 (using DYN passives)
Subs: JL 10W6's
Front Amp: MCC404M
Sub Amp: JL 1000/1

Front 2L HPF:

Front 2L LPF:

Front 2R HPF:

Front 2R LPF:

Rear L HPF:

Rear L LPF:

Rear R HPF:

Rear R LPF:

SubW HPF:

SubW LPF:

Please give me a good starting point and any pointers that may be helpful.

Here are some of the install pics:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm a bit confused. Are you using the passives?

What exactly are you trying to do with the h701, then?

:confused::confused::confused: Bikin, that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't understand why someone would want to have a processor, if you are not going fully active. Having passives will defeat the purpose of having the H701 as far as having the correct x-overs points, right?

·
Registered
548 Posts
He sent me a PM and I am going to try to help him once he gets me a little more info. As it stands there is too much wrong with it to even begin to write. Some salesman really got to him putting those high end 2 ways for rear fill, as if you would need them at all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses,
This goes to show how little I know and trust my "installer". Can you give me a starting point for crossover settings? Should I not set any on the H701 since it is done at the DYN passives?

·
18,699 Posts
If you're keeping the dyn passives, then you really don't have any reason to use x-over on the h701 unless you want to set the lowest possible limit of each passive set (HPF).. maybe 80hz for each set, or whichever you choose.

My advice would be to pull the passives on the 3-way up front and use the 701 for those. Keep the rears on passive and you just use those when you have passengers riding with you. The importance needs to be placed on the front stage.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Since you are running passive that is all that is going to get past the crossovers regardless. All you are doing by using the H701 settings is restricting what goes to the amps, there are probably x/o's on your amps too also restricting the signal if they are set anything like your 701.
I can't begin to tell you how much more control you would have over the sound if you were to go active. You already have the right equipment to do it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I turned off all the crossovers on the proc. It sounds much better. I will be going active as soon as I can get to a competent installer.

Even using the stock crossovers, it sounds amazing. I know that a lot of people don't think rear fill is that important, but I do. I guess it is personal preference but I like to set the Time Correction and be in the center of the music.
Other reasons for the H701:
- Ups the voltage to 4V
- EQ ability

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.