DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DVA9861 connected to a PXA 701 (AiNet & optical out).

I'm wanting to ad a multimedia HD player. It has optical out so no problem feeding the 701.

The 9861 controls most the funcions of the 701. Not the best UI but it works fine.

Now I'm heading a problem. The dedicated contoller, RUX, have a input select function, analog 1,2,3 and optical 1,2,3. I haven't found this option at the 9861...:(

It seem to be designed to select between AiNet devices alone...

I can fool the processor feeding any optical signal at the Optical 1 input (the HU default input). It works with my laptop but it is not very "elegant".

A toslink switch is an option but i don't like it too much either.

Is there any way to use a dummy AiNet cable to fool the HU to see a new device at Optical 3? (an old changer?)

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a similar setup with my IVA D310. I believe there's a small blurb in the owners manual about selecting optical output fom your head unit. If not, there might be a small switch on the chassis of your head unit. My old CDA 7998 had this little switch and it drove me nuts looking for it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a similar setup with my IVA D310. I believe there's a small blurb in the owners manual about selecting optical output fom your head unit. If not, there might be a small switch on the chassis of your head unit. My old CDA 7998 had this little switch and it drove me nuts looking for it.
Do you have a second optical non AiNet device or just the IVA?

The source button scrolls between Disc, Radio, and Aux (analog). No option on managing the optical 2 and 3 from the HU...

There is an optical OUT comand at the setup menu but it can be set On of OFF. No port selection...:confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you using multiple 3rd party optical devices? If not, I´m pretty sure that it works ok if you just connect the hd player to the h701´s 3rd optical input and select aux as source on the h/u. This is how it works on the d106 anyway.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you using multiple 3rd party optical devices? If not, I´m pretty sure that it works ok if you just connect the hd player to the h701´s 3rd optical input and select aux as source on the h/u. This is how it works on the d106 anyway.
I'm gona try this and let you know:) Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts