DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've read about as much as I could find on this thing. I know a few here have used it. I have one showing up at my house next week.

First off, I'm going to be running it analog (I know, but I hope its OK).

The manual suggests using the C701 to control the volume in this case. I would rather not mount the C701 in my dash. Its an 8 volt eclipse head unit.

Does everyone follow this rule? Is it problematic to still use the EQ and volume control on the head unit?

Secondly, do people use the Pro Logic settings in general?

Third, if you use auto time alignment is it any good? And can you manually adjust after the auto time alignment is set?

·
Registered
502 Posts
In the past I used the volume on the HU over the Rux controller. No problems. Your noise floor may be higher, but not a huge deal. If this is a daily system and not competing---I doubt you ever hear it.

Never used pro logic.

auto time alignment--I played with it a few times. Horrendous results. Imaging was everywhere. It did nothing--at least nothing good. A basic way is to use the formula in the manual and then adjust by ear.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, that is what I was hoping and sort of expecting to hear.

You know, if I compete, I may just have the judges use the C701 knob. But I want to hide it away for daily driving.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More questions:

Does anyone know where/if this thing will clip its outputs??

Also, the subwoofer level control (if you hit enter 3 times from main screen) goes from 0 to 16. Does anyone know if 0 means if the voltage is lower than the front & rears like on some of the head units out there? Does raising the sub out get you into clipped output from the h701?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts