DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to run alpine dva-9861 digitally to either the h900 or zapco dsp6. Anyone have suggestions as to which would be the better processor?? I know I would have to invest more time in tuning the dsp6 because it doesn't have the auto tuning capabilities of the h900 but more time listening never hurt :)

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
well the DSP6 is only a 6ch DSP....if you need more channels then the H900 should be your choice. And if it matters to you te cost of the H900 is much much more than the DSP6

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to run alpine dva-9861 digitally to either the h900 or zapco dsp6. Anyone have suggestions as to which would be the better processor?? I know I would have to invest more time in tuning the dsp6 because it doesn't have the auto tuning capabilities of the h900 but more time listening never hurt :)
Oh, and this would be for front stage sq and not surround sound.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the DSP6 is only a 6ch DSP....if you need more channels then the H900 should be your choice. And if it matters to you te cost of the H900 is much much more than the DSP6
Alas, I am addicted to SQ and cost is no longer a primary concern. Drawback of being an addict.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The H900 can do a lot more than the Zapco piece, but do you need all of it?
Some examples:
DSP-6, 6 channels.
H900, 11 channels.(3 way front+rears+center+ subs)
DSP-6, parametric eq
H900, parametric and graphic (can only use one)
DSP-6, special cables from it to amps
H900, regular rca's
DSP-6, small size
H900, big and heavy
DSP-6, around $600
H900, from $1300

Jorge

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Blame my Iphone for the double post.
Lol

Jorge

·
18,681 Posts
are you running optically? I don't know how the dsp6 works with headunits, but typically you have to use the DSP's (any DSP; not just the zapco) controller to control source volume when going digital out.
So, in that case, the one big + for the alpine set is that you have full control of the digital source via the alpine headunit.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
If you go with the Zapco DC REFERENCE amps you could get a 4-Way system with the built in processing those amps possess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts