DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Stoked to have the best. Now to dial her in.
View attachment 280785
Awesome dsp. Hands down one if the best!
Not sure what will compare this too... But having the nice interface of helix just makes it's self for it

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
1,745 Posts
As of right now; only the Brax is better. Whether or not you could 'hear' it sound better, is another story...

Congratulations. The Ultra is one of those pieces that you won't need to upgrade, for a long, long time.

Reactions: quickaudi07

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
As of right now; only the Brax is better. Whether or not you could 'hear' it sound better, is another story...

Congratulations. The Ultra is one of those pieces that you won't need to upgrade, for a long, long time.
You said that rights but I know someone who did testing on Brax dsp, zapco, Mosconi, arc audio and so on... And they were very surprised..

·
Registered
321 Posts
You said that rights but I know someone who did testing on Brax dsp, zapco, Mosconi, arc audio and so on... And they were very surprised..

What were they surprised about? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
How great it is :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
The ultra? As in better than or at least on par with the others? (Sorry, just wasn’t clear to me) thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
That it's a great dsp that's all. But very expensive at the same time.
And I honestly think that ultra is just as good.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm interested in how the new Zapco V DSP's sound.... they are quite spendy, almost as much or the same as a helix ultra....

OP, youre set with that helix ultra. Thats the best of the best (excluding brax)... I have never used a brax but I hear the helix is 90% of a brax for a fraction of the price...

·
Registered
18,721 Posts

Tested both on the bench. There is most definitely an audible difference. I was able to hear the difference from my office when kevin and Steve were testing in the shop

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mauian

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tested both on the bench. There is most definitely an audible difference. I was able to hear the difference from my office when kevin and Steve were testing in the shop

I imagine the engineers at Audiotech Fischer would design them as such. Whats the point in offering a flagship audio product if the next line down sounds exactly the same. Good to know

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

You must have some good ears Nick

·
Registered
18,721 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
The brax is just sick

You're right about that, I've never seen one in real life but just looking at a picture of one makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Its just beautiful

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I always knew Brax has been upper in dsp and amplification...
There is a reason why it costs way much more a s it's not for everyone meaning cost wise.

But I'm sure you will agree, Ultra is not to far away from Barx is it ?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
You're right about that, I've never seen one in real life but just looking at a picture of one makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Its just beautiful

View attachment 280838
I hope one day or soon enough, all amplifiers and dsp will move away from analog input and output...

It's time for an upgrade!
If. It analog out than either optical or coax... All dsp companies should step up their game and have both options analog is already outdated, to many problems come along with and one of them is ground looped and ground alternator wine noise..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I hope one day or soon enough, all amplifiers and dsp will move away from analog input and output...

It's time for an upgrade!
If. It analog out than either optical or coax... All dsp companies should step up their game and have both options analog is already outdated, to many problems come along with and one of them is ground looped and ground alternator wine noise..

Absolutely! I cannot believe how long the digital technology has been out and so few companies are using it. Some car's I've had have zero noise issues, but my new car, I had to use multiple different grounding locations on my headunit and amps until I finally got rid of the noise. I have to use a DSP with a ground isolating transformer inside (Minidsp 8x12v2, brax, helix) or I will get noise added as well. Its just something that we should not have to be dealing with in 2020 on high end car audio gear. I cannot agree with you more.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I have ultra and for the first time in about 10+ years I bought a head unit (Kenwood) it other wise I used car pc, than samsung windows tablet, than samsung tablet, and ipad.
All my main source were digital if not optical than coax. And I never had to worry about any ground loop.
Got a Kenwood DMR1057XR love the unit... But the noise that I got from it .. God damn! I was about to sell the damn thing did everything I could, update, different grounding points I mean new power and ground connection.. everything I could. Rca are Monster top shelf and still have some noise while connected to Ultra through rca. I know it's not the dsp, pulled rca out and zero noise, I also had ipad with the same system, zero noise, now with head unit made for a car.. noise... Well fakkkkk beats me!

I also wished Head unit would provide optical or coax.. I mean it's not that much more $... And these both outputs have been out for years as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have ultra and for the first time in about 10+ years I bought a head h it other wise I used car pc, than samsung windows tablet, than samsung tablet, and ipad.
All my main source were digital if not optical than coax. And I never had to worry about any ground loop.
Got a Kenwood DMR1057XR love the unit... But the noise that I got from it .. God damn! I was about to sell the damn thing did everything I could, update, different grounding points I mean new power and ground connection.. everything I could. Rca are Monster top shelf and still have some noise while connected to Ultra through rca. I know it's not the dsp, pulled rca out and zero noise, I also had ipad with the same system, zero noise, now with head unit made for a car.. noise... Well fakkkkk beats me!

Sometimes theres just nothing you can do short of re egineering the product. The combination of products just do not work well together for whatever reason... I see the new stinger Head units have optical output. I'm not sure how they perform, I would probably try one but I need a head unit with the i-datalink support for my vehicles factory settings to be retained :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts