DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that they’ve made a comeback, has anyone tried them since their return? I’m thinking about the 10” for an upcoming build, wondering if they’re still the same quality and such.

Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have 3 12s waiting to be installed. The new drivers are built based off the mkii files. The only difference is that due to magnet strength, it no longer needed 3 slugs so it now has 2. But these things are still monsters at 35 lbs each. Soft parts on them are supposed to be identical. You can always call them or message them on Facebook if you have questions. Andrew is very responsive and has always helped me out with any questions I’ve had. And Dan Wiggins is working with them behind the scenes. So I can only assume quality will remain the same. And they are built at their warehouse in California.
That being said, it will be another 2-3 months before I actually get to hear them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have 3 12s waiting to be installed. The new drivers are built based off the mkii files. The only difference is that due to magnet strength, it no longer needed 3 slugs so it now has 2. But these things are still monsters at 35 lbs each. Soft parts on them are supposed to be identical. You can always call them or message them on Facebook if you have questions. Andrew is very responsive and has always helped me out with any questions I’ve had. And Dan Wiggins is working with them behind the scenes. So I can only assume quality will remain the same. And they are built at their warehouse in California.

That being said, it will be another 2-3 months before I actually get to hear them.
What else have you heard sub wise?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
it's cool to see the brahma back and looking the same as it looked nearly 20 years ago. that was when i really got into car audio. i have been mostly out of car audio for the last 10 or so years, and most of the companies i used to have equipment from are dead. i hope they do well. back around 2001 or so, every thread on caraudioforum recommended a shiva or a brahma (and a us acoustics amp).

·
Registered
305 Posts

Like I said, I haven't installed the Brahma yet so I can't give any feedback on it. Years ago when they were very popular I always wanted one but never got around to getting one.
A few years back I pick up a used Adire koda 10 that was in mint condition, in a 1 cubic foot sealed enclosure. I used it in my camry for quite awhile.
Understand that I love SQ, but I love some bass as well.
I was running a pair of obsidian 12s ported before the koda.
As far as pure SQ, the koda was my favorite sub I've owned. And i have an audiofrog gb10d2 in my s2000. But that being said, its 2 different cars, and I have never done pure A/B comparisons between drivers. However I did test an infinity kappa perfect 10 in that same enclosure and the Koda destroyed it in output and sound quality. Not even close.
However, personally, I would want more output. A single 10 sealed is not enough bass for my liking (but is enough in an s2000). I had planned to put it in my s2000 before Adire contacted me about selling it to them because they were in need of one for testing. Somehow, engineering/design files for them had been lost. So I sent it off to them and ended up acquiring the gb10d2 for the install since i had the gb60 and gb15 to use for front stage.

So as for the brahma, i've always wanted one so I decided to pull the trigger on a few of them for my 4runner.

tonasty (brandon) was able to hear one a month or two back when he visited Adire one day, maybe he can comment on what he thought about it.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts

The 2 best sealed subs ive ever heard were the mk1 brahma and the stereo integrity ds4. I have used the shivas awhile ago in my HT setup. Adire is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2 best sealed subs ive ever heard were the mk1 brahma and the stereo integrity ds4. I have used the shivas awhile ago in my HT setup. Adire is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm considering 2x Brahma's in .5cf each for my next set up, so I'm glad to hear this. haha

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
We have a 10" Brahma in one of our demo vehicles. Enclosure is sealed .5 (net volume). It is extremely musical and punchy. It will work extremely well in .5 as well as .6 or .7.
What is the minimum sealed net volume for a 12" Brahma?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts