DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone on here has ever done or has got a 3 way comp speaker system in the front of there BMW E46 4 door salon or tourer, if so what speakers are you using and do you have any pictures showing them in the car

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Re: Has anyone evere put a 3 way system into a BMW E46 4 door?

I would like to know if anyone on here has ever done or has got a 3 way comp speaker system in the front of there BMW E46 4 door salon or tourer, if so what speakers are you using and do you have any pictures showing them in the car
I wouldn't suggest it. I had an E46 and the results were fair at best. I did however see a thread recently where the factory locations were utilized in a 1 series. I would suggest either a custom a-pillar housing a small format mid and tweeter and a midbass in the door, or a kickpanel setup. Be careful when choosing a midbass for the lower door location! Depending on the model (coupe/Sedan) there is very limited mouting depth. Good luck with your install my friend.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks im thinking of using Hertz HSK163.3 speakers as the mid is only a 3" driver, as for positioning, i was going put the woofer in the stock location, the 3" mid behinf the wing mirror and the tweeter either behind the wing mirror with the mid or on the a pillar

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ive done them In several bimmers...But like stated above best way is to do A-pillar pods...Those sound the best too I have done both..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts