DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have the DLS Ultimates.

I want to upgrade to going 2 way active

I heard great reviews on the Seas Prestige Poly Woven's + Scanspeak HDS Tweeters.

My question is you guys think this will be an upgrade? Or downgrade?

The Ultimate Line from DLS definately isn't their top line, but they aren't the lowest either.

As far as Seas goes I know they are below the Excels? I do not believe they are the lowest either.

Why I am switching? LOL everyone wants to try new things:) Thats what this forum is about.

I will be geared towards SQ. Mids will be in kicks, tweets in A pillars. I will be using a single 10" IDQ, and will purchase amplifiers according to drivers. Alpine+imprint, is my head unit and processor.

OR.............you could just forget all that and give me a comparison of ANY DLS or Seas drivers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Regrettfully I've never heard the Seas drivers but I have been messing with DLS speakers since 2003. The Ultimates were nice speakers and do sound nice, but the Iridium speakers were a big step up. They had a nice warm detail being a non-metal tweeter, to some they were too warm/almost losing some detail. But I thought they had some great SQ, and the mids were really nice units. I've used the 6.3 and 8.3 iridiumms, and the 8's had a TON of midbass!

Ideally I always wanted to do the Zapco Comp tweeters, iridium mid and 8" iridium midbass active. I have all the speakers just haven't had the chance to test out the combo... :(

Iriduims can be had for a pretty decent price used, I've seen the 6.3 sets for $250-$300...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. The only problem with my DLS is the mid-bass. Totally lacks, and yes I deadened the hell out of my kicks, and spent days on them, lol I Believe t'was weeks. I showed a few of the installers @ the audio shop near and they offered me a job lol.

I love the tweetes on my DLS. From what i have heard, Scanspeak actually makes the DLS tweets? That is why I listed Scanspeak, tweets for my next set up cuz i love em.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts