DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to build a SQ system for my Colorado and the current thought is 2 x Audison APS 10 D" wired 1 ohm... I am looking for feed back on the quality and thoughts of anyone that has owned or heard these...

·
Super Moderator
1,034 Posts
Hello Chris, I can help a little, I'm not sure how many people here are running Audison Subs, but before I went with an 8" Audison sub, I was thinking JL's. I had two independent shops highly recommend the Audison over JL's (even though they sold both) which convinced me to go with it and could not be happier. My one (little) 8" delivers all the bass I need in a mid-size SUV. I have no doubts about you being happy with running two 10" subs in a truck...!

BTW: I am running an Audison AP F1D Sub Amp ([email protected]/[email protected]/[email protected]) and am also VERY happy with it, it is small and runs very cool! Do you have an Amp in mind to power your subs? My only thought is that the APS10D's are rated at 400w with 800w peaks, so I'm guessing you could just dial back the gain to keep them in the safe range(?)

QUALITY: you can see (read about) Audison's dedication to quality on their website:

And you probably already saw this:
Organism Font Rectangle Pattern Paper

I also have some other thoughts, which I will address in a message (Conversation) to you...
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
1,034 Posts
This one:????

I am running this Mono Amp:

Less money, more power at 2 & 4 Ohms, slightly less power at 1 ohm, smaller footprint, runs super cool and is made/tested to go with the Audison Subs...

·
Registered
Porsche Macan S 2015
240 Posts
I ran an Audison APS-8D for some time…

Camera lens Reflex camera Flash photography Camera accessory Digital camera

…before upgrading to a APS-10D.

Hood Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gadget

Ran it for a few months. Pretty decent and responsive sub bass. I really liked it and I highly recommend it.

I ended up replacing it with a Rockford Fosgate T1S2-10. This one is twice the cost, better in my opinion, but for the price, the Audison is a great sub…

Automotive tire Product Cameras & optics Audio equipment Automotive wheel system

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
1,034 Posts
Keep in mind the 10" Fosgate Sub Santirx is talking about is just under $700...!

·
Registered
Porsche Macan S 2015
240 Posts
Keep in mind the 10" Fosgate Sub Santirx is talking about is just under $700...!
Yes, much more expensive. For the price, the Audison is a great sub… I don’t think you can get a better one at that price point…. Maybe the JL is a good competitor, but I didn’t test that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts