DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I was wondering if anyone had ever purchased a head unit over sea's? I know a couple of guys on here have Denon units so I was wondering if you purchased them through ebay or if anyone has. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you buy anything from overseas make sure its 100% legit. I bought some Focals from Malaysia trying to save some $$ and its turned into a long and frustrating process simply because its overseas.. even thru ebay.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm worried about fakes/ non functional/ non received items, I guess its one of those things that I might have to risk trying. I know turbo has suggested one seller do you guys know of another other sellers that are legit?

·
Registered
156 Posts
My Denon came from Kyoto-exports, thats the ebay username. It came exactly as shown, and everything worked like it was supposed to.
This is also what I did for an Addzest HX-D1. Very easy transaction.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm in Asia and I can tell you, at the exchange rate right now for the dollar, if it's cheaper from asia it's a fake... In 1999 I got about 145yen to the dollar, now I get 79yen to the dollar on a good day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm keeping this company in mind when I'm ready then Kyoto-exports.

I'm in Asia and I can tell you, at the exchange rate right now for the dollar, if it's cheaper from asia it's a fake... In 1999 I got about 145yen to the dollar, now I get 79yen to the dollar on a good day.
What do you mean? If the item seems too good of a deal stay away?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm keeping this company in mind when I'm ready then Kyoto-exports.

What do you mean? If the item seems too good of a deal stay away?
Yes, the dollar is shi* right now to other currencies just use xe.com and if the price is way off what you would pay for the area it's comming from I would think twice.. right now for Malaysia 1.00 USD = 3.01300 MYR, if from Japan try to use a site like UpGarage to judge the price of Japanese used car stuff. They are the biggest seller in Japan used used car items. Google translate will take care of what you don't understand and remember the exchange rate is about 78-79yen to the dollar.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you think about it I get paid well for my job, but being in Japan I lose 21%-22%off my paycheck if I spend it in japan... I used to make money by buying stuff on the Japanese economy...

·
Registered
498 Posts
I purchased a Denon DCT Z-1 through Anothony One on E-bay. I had a good experience through him.

I also had the opportunity to purchase my Pioneer P-01 from a contact in Japan who is close with a Japanese Pioneer rep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts