DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know you were always up for some beef Team Shimano, but at the same time you were one of the few I respected over there. And i'm very glad you came over, that was partially my doing wasnt it...?:D

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I know you were always up for some beef Team Shimano, but at the same time you were one of the few I respected over there. And i'm very glad you came over, that was partially my doing wasnt it...?:D
i just got pissed off for not getting the info i wanted over there. i come over here, lurk for a couplehours, and now it's like crack. can't get enough of learning about the finer points of the moneypit.:D :blush: and not getting slammed for wanting to try something new is always nice. speaking of which, my popcorn's getting cold regarding the thread in the sub forum over there:(

·
18,542 Posts
since i've diverted all my forum time to diyma i actually agree with you. all they talk about in ot is objectifying women and sports. and considering i've learned more over here at diyma in a couple months than i have in a year at sd concerning car audio, you get the idea. i'm also all about trying something before knocking it. at sd they knock the cheaper stuff just to sound kewl:rolleyes: i was looking at subs for a friend of mine at one of the local dealers i'm in good standing with and the new sony xplods (the deep ones with the black cone) compare directly to the diamond d3's in a blind comparison. both in optimal sized ported boxes tuned to 40hz, i couldn't tell a difference. and they don't weigh anything. i know i wouldn't be against running one. if i were to say all those good things about the new sony subs at sd, i'd get slammed into the ground. and EVERY one of the people slamming have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.
x2. Sometimes I get pissed off at some of the people there, but then I realize that it's the internet and pointless to take things so personally. I used to just ignore it, but lately I've started arguing. There is definately a gang mentality where once one person jumps on someone everyone else does. Having said that, I still post there. The main guys I listen to for good advice is Thumper (j.d.2.6 now) and Andy Jones. Good guys.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
yeah andy jones, digital boomer, and thumper26 are about the only ones i trusted. but you got to admit, sometimes getting into it with someone for your own entertainment can be fun. especially when you can prove a n00b wrong after they get uppity.

·
18,542 Posts
I hate when they would target someone and just relentlessly go after them for no reason other than to be "cool". The best thing to do is ignore some of the more retarded posts if you plan to stay there. I think the only time I've actually wanted to punch someone was BKK calling me out on making the same posts in multiple forums. I just hate when someone tries to make you feel stupid. I was brought up being made to feel that way, and that's something that triggers my anger literally in a snap. Other than that, I can handle whatever any e-thug wants to dish out.

The best thing about this forum is that even when people COMPLETELY disagree it's not made into a big deal. It's just a disagreement, and we roll on.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Sound domain is full of jerks. I was a member for 5 years and had a low post count and was called a noob. I only posted informative information. I posted on OT a couple a times and the noob shit started. I mentioned my young daughter and school or something. The sexual remarks started about my 6 year old. These ass holes talk about having sex with my daughter and send pictures. OT is OT but there is a fine line in OT and talking about a child like that. I got banned for standing up. So fuck all the Sound Domain ass holes. Its pricks like that who give the other members a bad rap. That place left a bad taste in my mouth. I would not piss on that forum if it was on fire.

I hate that. bunch immature hornballs who claim they would bang anything that walks - or crawls. it probably wouldnt be so bad if the admins didnt join in as well.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I hate that. bunch immature hornballs who claim they would bang anything that walks - or crawls. it probably wouldnt be so bad if the admins didnt join in as well.
then when someone posts a pic of their girlfriend or wife that looks something other than anorexic they get brutal. you know what, overly skinny women ARE NOT where it's at! i'd go with a girl that's pleasantly plump before going with one that looks like she hasn't eaten in a year.

the ones i've wanted to reach through the screen and strangle are...bkk, spaced, oapy, eek, and pretty much all the regular douchbags. but in the end, argueing with someone over the internet ends with the same conclusion. EVERYONE'S A LOSER because it's the fooking INTERNET!

·
18,542 Posts
It'd be fine if they realized they don't know everything. Instead you have to argue with the stupid shits about anything under the sun because they apparently have a PhD in everything. :rolleyes:

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
i love it when they try to slam me because i don't believe in sex before marriage. if i never get married, i guess i'll die one too.

·
18,542 Posts
This thread is funny.

It's good to vent. I believe that site is dying slowly. They need weed out the douchebags and start over with some mids & admins who actually know WTF they are talking about (save a few).

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
This thread is funny.

It's good to vent. I believe that site is dying slowly. They need weed out the douchebags and start over with some mids & admins who actually know WTF they are talking about (save a few).
even if they dont know anything about car audio it would be ok, as long as they knew how to be a good admin.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
i hate the new format. the colors are too close to each other and my brain hurts when i look at it. either way, it's quiet as a house mouse in the audio sections.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I post on numerous sites including sd, ca, eca, my own site and others. There is useful info on every site. Larger sites seem to be loosely moderated so it's basically a free for all and maturity becomes a huge factor. So if you want to be an ass you can which usually makes others not want to post and they go elsewhere.

I actually like the change because the forum was very out dated and needed a new look, I bet they will add more templates so users can decided on how they want it too look.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
the sony thread is starting to get good. and i guarantee the haters havn't heard them yet.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Waves is a complete fucking moron. What did you expect.
entertainment from a stupid penis? even though they sounded good enough for me to recomend as a cheap option, it's still fun to see the ignorant sound off.:D

·
2,515 Posts
Waves tried to tell me one time that speakers only produce distortion if they're fed a distorted signal and that they don't create distortion on their own:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I was quite pleased when I was able to ween myself off of SD. DIYMA gave me the audio outlet I needed and wanted. My problem with SD was OT. You can't help but stray over there occasionally, and I would, only to leave pissed off.

The final straw was helping a guy with a browser hijack he had picked up. I posted some directions on how to fix this particular hijack, and evidently the resident computer guru got pissed off and layed into me. I didn't get it. I helped the guy. I fixed his problem, but some douchebag's ego got hurt and started calling me all sorts of names. Then everybody else joined in and I was done. I had been a member since 2001, and was still be called "noob". It was ridiculous and immature. So I left it for the kids.

·
18,542 Posts
I was quite pleased when I was able to ween myself off of SD. DIYMA gave me the audio outlet I needed and wanted. My problem with SD was OT. You can't help but stray over there occasionally, and I would, only to leave pissed off.

The final straw was helping a guy with a browser hijack he had picked up. I posted some directions on how to fix this particular hijack, and evidently the resident computer guru got pissed off and layed into me. I didn't get it. I helped the guy. I fixed his problem, but some douchebag's ego got hurt and started calling me all sorts of names. Then everybody else joined in and I was done. I had been a member since 2001, and was still be called "noob". It was ridiculous and immature. So I left it for the kids.
I remember you from there. You were very helpful in a few of my posts, unlike most of the others who flame you for asking anything that isn't about CDT. So, thanks for that. :D

21 - 40 of 58 Posts