DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I just went back there this week (for the first time in about a year) when I heard they were finally upgarding.

Synopsis: new look, same old glitches, same old SDOT, same thilly n00bs, same lame topics, ect...

·
18,542 Posts
So far the ones I expect to be helpful have been: Andy, and JD 26 (Thumper26).

And the ones I expected to be sitting on OT like a hen waiting for her chicken to hatch have been.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It's a shame the grandmasta left, he was a helpful guy. Murph was always good. Other than that few a far between.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
You just get tired of hearing the same questions over and over. I got so sick of, "yeah, but will it be loud?"

·
Registered
584 Posts
Whomever does their web development needs a refresher course of some sort.

They need to re-work their BB settings because url's like this do not make for good indexing:

[]http://www.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/11/page/1[/]

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
It's a shame the grandmasta left, he was a helpful guy. Murph was always good. Other than that few a far between.

Whoa - GM WAS once a helpful member of that board -until he fouled up and tried to run a scam during one of his "contests".
It's not my business to go into all the details since I wasn't directly involved, but suffice it to say he screwed several people at SD in the process.

He also collected money from an undisclosed number of people (including me)for copies of EMNB which he never delivered.

There is more to the story, but I'm not going to say any more on a public forum.

·
18,542 Posts
Murph was always good.
Murph is a little too high-and-mighty acting for me.

I PM'd him a question once, and he responsed. I thanked him and said something that apparently pissed him off because he PM'd me again and asked if I was "trying to be smart". :rolleyes:

Sometimes the mods are much more uppity than the noobs. I think all the "thank you, you're the best, you taught me how to make my speakers go boom" goes to their heads.

·
18,542 Posts
Whoa - GM WAS once a helpful member of that board -until he fouled up and tried to run a scam during one of his "contests".
It's not my business to go into all the details since I wasn't directly involved, but suffice it to say he screwed several people at SD in the process.

He also collected money from an undisclosed number of people (including me)for copies of EMNB which he never delivered.

There is more to the story, but I'm not going to say any more on a public forum.
This is true. It's been discussed there numerous times in OT.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Did someone from here join just to screw with the people on SD? LMAO

I run an active 3 way with a 2 channel amp. And no it is not a passive
I run my pyle tweeters in the B-pillars above the head. I have perfect imaging with them.
I would go all DB Drive if you want sound quality.
We bench tested the amp at 3800 watts. Every time I tell someone this they act like I am stupid. Just because it does not have the marketing of Kicker or jl does not deplete its odds of being better. I blew up 12 Dub 12's with this monster.
First of all you must have jacked up and purchased a set to be saying something stupid like that. First of all you will get cone breakup with cone like that. The woofer would have to be in a 14 cubic foot box to get any kinda bass response. This sony sub being comparable to a Diamond audio D3 has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard. It may be comparable to one of those cheap Daymi subs.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
poopookachoo is the name I believe. Kinda funny...but shitty for the guys who are looking for real advice and quite possibly not knowing that this stuff is bogus.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Did someone from here join just to screw with the people on SD? LMAO
Either somebody very clever, or a complete rock. If it's clever, it's funny. I don't know how well you can fake that much stupid though.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
poopookachoo is the name I believe. Kinda funny...but shitty for the guys who are looking for real advice and quite possibly not knowing that this stuff is bogus.
Did some body call my name? Sorry to confuse the people looking for advice but I just could not help myself!:D

I put in the post that it the sony sub was in the same class as the (Daymi sub) Thinking some of you guys from diyma would catch it.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
my decision still stands...those new sony subs really are good FOR THE PRICE. i mean, $100 each for the 12's retail? i'd run one and just might if i accidentaly blow my hpo (not likely to happen). i only need my sub for 31.5hz and below anyway :p

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
my decision still stands...those new sony subs really are good FOR THE PRICE. i mean, $100 each for the 12's retail? i'd run one and just might if i accidentaly blow my hpo (not likely to happen). i only need my sub for 31.5hz and below anyway :p
Sorry to give you grief fellow diyma memeber. I actually like the sony we put one in a friends boat. I just could not resist the stupidity bashing:eek:

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
i won't spill the beans to the ot hens if you won't.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I love old school sony. My and most people's main problem with them is the cheesy asthetics they chose with the xplode series. Even if theyre great sub/amp/decks (which they havent been really) they look like cheap crap automaticly causing a bais.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don't know what they were thinking, updating the forum....it's impossible to stand to read, and i agree with pretty much everybody's comments on SD....

+1 for DIYMA :)

41 - 58 of 58 Posts