DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a few people still posting stereo related topics... And i mean, yes, of course this is a stereo forum.

I just wish i could be thinking about my stereo right now. Instead, I'm thinking about being out of a job... Food / toiletry shortages, rent, bills, etc. And honestly, i see it getting much worse, before it gets better.
As far as the virus goes, i almost wish I'd get it, and could kick it's a$$ in a week or two.... Or die. Either way, it would be good to get that out of the way....

Are any of you still able to devote any serious thought into stereos ? If so, i envy you.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I haven't given 10 mins of thought to this BS. Don't believe the media. I mean I feel for the people that will lose time from work or worse lose their jobs but this is because of the media. Not Covid-19. In fact I'm going to florida for a week of beach fun and fishing and might stop in the MMATS facility and pick up a amp on the way back. Try not to let this nonsense stress you out!

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Interesting replies so far. I personally trust the doctors. I think Italy has taught us a lot about how not to handle this and we were/are definitely heading that direction. Anyone who doesn't understand that our Hospitals can't handle the number of patients that would need them if we don't slow this thing down is truly ignorant and is contributing to the problem.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Interesting replies so far. I personally trust the doctors. I think Italy has taught us a lot about how not to handle this and we were/are definitely heading that direction. Anyone who doesn't understand that our Hospitals can't handle the number of patients that would need them if we don't slow this thing down is truly ignorant and is contributing to the problem.
agreed....the best and only plan is to do everything possible to slow the spread. To say f it and head to Florida like nothing is wrong is insane and part of the problem. Stay home and do your part to try and mitigate this.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I haven't given 10 mins of thought to this BS. Don't believe the media. I mean I feel for the people that will lose time from work or worse lose their jobs but this is because of the media. Not Covid-19. In fact I'm going to florida for a week of beach fun and fishing and might stop in the MMATS facility and pick up a amp on the way back. Try not to let this nonsense stress you out!
I just drove back from Florida this weekend...we flew down for a vacation, and ended up driving back early to get my MIL back home to Vermont. This is real until it's not. Stay home asshole, be part of the solution not the problem. You can go to Florida another time.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I see a few people still posting stereo related topics... And i mean, yes, of course this is a stereo forum.

I just wish i could be thinking about my stereo right now. Instead, I'm thinking about being out of a job... Food / toiletry shortages, rent, bills, etc. And honestly, i see it getting much worse, before it gets better.
As far as the virus goes, i almost wish I'd get it, and could kick it's a$$ in a week or two.... Or die. Either way, it would be good to get that out of the way....

Are any of you still able to devote any serious thought into stereos ? If so, i envy you.
what exactly do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking bro?

·
Registered
507 Posts
327 million people in the US. If a half of a percent get the virus then we have 1.635 million sick people. If 5% of these people need a respirator then we will need 65,400 resportors. From what I have read we have 100,000 of them in the US. Most of them are already in use. The key is to make sure we have enough of them to treat the sick. The key to that is slowing the spread of the virus through the population. That is why we need social distancing.

Not sure why that leads to a run on TP, but there you go.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just drove back from Florida this weekend...we flew down for a vacation, and ended up driving back early to get my MIL back home to Vermont. This is real until it's not. Stay home asshole, be part of the solution not the problem. You can go to Florida another time.
Asshole you say, haha. You are the problem dipshit. You can contribute to the fucktards panicking to hell and back and costing the world economy countless trillions of dollars if you want. Not me buddy. Research this bullshit and learn something. Do you even know how many deaths in the US so far this year because of covid-19?? Take a guess before looking it up. I'll spare you....77 dumbass. 77 in 3 months. I'll take my chances with a lightning strike or being caught in a tornado. As for me, it's life a s normal. I hope you're not one of the people losing your retirement to this nonsense

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm with patriot. staying home and being afraid does nothing but kill small business and put the economy into a recession. this is no where near as bad as the swine flu in 09. the media has blown this up and its for political reasons. in 09 there was nowhere near the fear with the swine flu. hell, i bet more have been murdered in chicago so far this year than this virus has killed. is this virus bad, perhaps but its scaring people to death because of the media, at the end of the day the flu is still more deadly this year than the virus. i will swing it and take my chances

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I'm with patriot. staying home and being afraid does nothing but kill small business and put the economy into a recession. this is no where near as bad as the swine flu in 09. the media has blown this up and its for political reasons. in 09 there was nowhere near the fear with the swine flu. hell, i bet more have been murdered in chicago so far this year than this virus has killed. is this virus bad, perhaps but its scaring people to death because of the media, at the end of the day the flu is still more deadly this year than the virus. i will swing it and take my chances
The Swine Flu of 2019 (H1N1) had a .02% mortality rate and COVID-19 is currently around 4%. Wouldn't exactly call that the same thing. Can't think of why Itay has blown this up for political reasons.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Asshole you say, haha. You are the problem dipshit. You can contribute to the fucktards panicking to hell and back and costing the world economy countless trillions of dollars if you want. Not me buddy. Research this bullshit and learn something. Do you even know how many deaths in the US so far this year because of covid-19?? Take a guess before looking it up. I'll spare you....77 dumbass. 77 in 3 months. I'll take my chances with a lightning strike or being caught in a tornado. As for me, it's life a s normal. I hope you're not one of the people losing your retirement to this nonsense
Social distancing is a responsibility. It’s not about panicking and quarantining to protect yourself, but to protect others around you.

Do some research and try not to be selfish, there are plenty of rational, qualified people on the news, online and in print explaining the risks healthy people that don't practice social distancing pose on older people or people of any age with weaker immune systems, and preexisting conditions, including any with heart and lung related conditions. You or others may not even think you have the virus and could be spreading it to others, who spread to others, and so on.

"The idea is simple: If low-risk people don’t socially distance, then the entire containment process is not effective. Generally, there are fewer high-risk individuals — the sick and the elderly — and they don’t tend to move around as much as lower-risk individuals. Therefore, it’s more likely that a low-risk individual will expose a high-risk individual to the virus.

Wanting to socialize right now is understandable. People are stressed. It’s St. Patrick’s Day weekend. People (rightly) want to support local businesses. Younger people feel less vulnerable. But the consequences are dire."

Credit coronavirus-bars-lockdown.html

There are plenty more I hope you check out and attempt to understand the danger of your attitude.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Social distancing is a responsibility. It’s not about panicking and quarantining to protect yourself, but to protect others around you.

Do some research and try not to be selfish, there are plenty of rational, qualified people on the news, online and in print explaining the risks healthy people that don't practice social distancing pose on older people or people of any age with weaker immune systems, and preexisting conditions, including any with heart and lung related conditions. You or others may not even think you have the virus and could be spreading it to others, who spread to others, and so on.

"The idea is simple: If low-risk people don’t socially distance, then the entire containment process is not effective. Generally, there are fewer high-risk individuals — the sick and the elderly — and they don’t tend to move around as much as lower-risk individuals. Therefore, it’s more likely that a low-risk individual will expose a high-risk individual to the virus.

Wanting to socialize right now is understandable. People are stressed. It’s St. Patrick’s Day weekend. People (rightly) want to support local businesses. Younger people feel less vulnerable. But the consequences are dire."

Credit coronavirus-bars-lockdown.html

There are plenty more I hope you check out and attempt to understand the danger of your attitude.
Another snowflake attitude. Seriously man you people need to realize what's happening. Over 90% of the people dying in this country from covid-19 are in their 80's and have compromised immune systems or diseases at that. This is nothing unusual from the norm. These same people die from the common cold. Stop believing the goddamned media. The flu and many other things are killing them at higher rates. Lock yourself in your house if you want and watch the world economy collapse....but maybe that's what you want.

·
Registered
972 Posts
The Swine Flu of 2019 (H1N1) had a .02% mortality rate and COVID-19 is currently around 4%. Wouldn't exactly call that the same thing. Can't think of why Itay has blown this up for political reasons.
give me a break, 2009 swine flu killed over 12,500 in the US in its 1st year. comparing 2019 to to todays COVID is not fair. less than 100 in the US have died. Italy has lost about 1000 to COVID, still less than the flu. i didn't say italy blew anything up for political reasons but if you cant see it being used politically in the US than you are in denial

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Short answer, no.

Long answer, get a better skilled job, failure is not an option, meditate or relax, think about who you want to help improve their life.
Or alternatively a more in demand, but less skilled job?

Hospital work could be one emerging feild? Aside from nurse training, there are jobs as an orderly?

Plumbing, or other trades, are usually relatively easy to get into... and so em take less training.

Or sell everything and go on a long hike or some other travel?

1 - 20 of 182 Posts