DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
You are literally making my point for me. I appreciate that. When you look at DEATHS, compare that with how many have RECOVERED. The rest will be in one or the other when all is said and done. Right now, the percentages don't look positive to me. Sure more will recover than die, but what percentage????

View attachment 263751
I agree, the math is disconcerting.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You are literally making my point for me. I appreciate that. When you look at DEATHS, compare that with how many have RECOVERED. The rest will be in one or the other when all is said and done. Right now, the percentages don't look positive to me. Sure more will recover than die, but what percentage????

View attachment 263751
You're not very smart are you. Actually a lot more have lived and recovered. The stats don't even include the 90% that never knew or will know they had it. We're at a 1.4% fatality rate for confirmed cases. Let's say that number doesn't go down and stays the same. Would you rather our economy crash for that? As in stock market, banking system, most businesses etc?

·
Registered
582 Posts
You're not very smart are you. Actually a lot more have lived and recovered. The stats don't even include the 90% that never knew or will know they had it. We're at a 1.4% fatality rate for confirmed cases. Let's say that number doesn't go down and stays the same. Would you rather our economy crash for that? As in stock market, banking system, most businesses etc?
History has shown us that Economies can, and indeed do, recover from strife.
However, to my knowledge not one single organism has ever recovered from being dead.
Economies and Markets are wholly fleeting and entirely intermittent.
Death while ultimately inescapable, is PERMANENT.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Ahhhhh, the Tump approach, call names when challenged. Got it. Getting a little dramatic with your outlook, aren't you? You are equally on the other doomsday side of this regarding the economy. Don't you think the panic is also in the marketplace and not just society panicking? Are most businesses really worth this much less today because they have been closed for a week or two is it just scared investors? I understand we are talking probably 6-8 weeks total, but again, the faster this escalates, the higher the death toll. Maybe if Trump did more earlier, we wouldn't be in this mess.

At least I understand that people will have valid points on both sides of this argument. And both arguments can be made by very intelligent people. The COVID-19 won't be as bad as the worst-case scenario and neither will the economy. Unfortunately, it is hard to have an intelligent discussion with others that can only see their side and support their agenda.

·
ROCKY TOP
1,655 Posts
Hey buddy, I dont know if u know this or not u r actually talking to one one of the smartest most respected members on diyma period!! U can say alot of things but dont ever say Jerry Neibur is not smart because all of us long time members no that is far from the truth!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
History has shown us that Economies can, and indeed do, recover from strife.
However, to my knowledge not one single organism has ever recovered from being dead.
Economies and Markets are wholly fleeting and entirely intermittent.
Death while ultimately inescapable, is PERMANENT.
Eventually yes, but at a much higher price paid than the 1.4% of confirmed cases will total. You act as though if the stock market, banking system, businesses close on a massive scale we can just recover in a couple months. Doesn't work that way. Not even close. Just curious, were you up in arms and protesting to your local and gov't officials about so many (80,000) people dying from the flu last yr? Were you wanting all the business closed etc?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey buddy, I dont know if u know this or not u r actually talking to one one of the smartest most respected members on diyma period!! U can say alot of things but dont ever say Jerry Neibur is not smart because all of us long time members no that is far from the truth!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey buddy, smart about what? Everything that exists? I take it "u" have to be smart if "u" are a long time member

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
^that^ is pretty much an argument from authority, and it is theoretically possible that Jerry is wrong.

Theory aside, the Patriot makes the case that he cares more about money then lives, which takes more balls than brains to do.

Hey buddy, smart about what? Everything that exists? I take it "u" have to be smart if "u" are a long time member
You missed the "no" as well. Might as well be complete, if you are going to point it out.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ahhhhh, the Tump approach, call names when challenged. Got it. Getting a little dramatic with your outlook, aren't you? You are equally on the other doomsday side of this regarding the economy. Don't you think the panic is also in the marketplace and not just society panicking? Are most businesses really worth this much less today because they have been closed for a week or two is it just scared investors? I understand we are talking probably 6-8 weeks total, but again, the faster this escalates, the higher the death toll. Maybe if Trump did more earlier, we wouldn't be in this mess.

At least I understand that people will have valid points on both sides of this argument. And both arguments can be made by very intelligent people. The COVID-19 won't be as bad as the worst-case scenario and neither will the economy. Unfortunately, it is hard to have an intelligent discussion with others that can only see their side and support their agenda.
I might also add to your argument that when speaking about both sides....
While there will be many losses financially, there will be also an appreciable amount of gains. The short sellers out there have made a fortune.
However in the other camp, there is NOTHING but catastrophic loss. Nobody wins there.
The 2 sides are incomparable.
People here are comparing life to finance. Lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
^that^ is pretty much an argument from authority, and it is theoretically possible that Jerry is wrong.

Theory aside, the Patriot makes the case that he cares more about money then lives, which takes more balls than brains to do.

You missed the "no" as well. Might as well be complete, if you are going to point it out.
lol well you got what I was saying holmz. And actually nope. Think about it man. If the economy completely crashes, which it will if shut down much longer, more lives will be lost because of that

·
Registered
293 Posts

Bingo, there we go. Finally man, I wondered how long it was going to take you to bring President Trump into this....Trump has nothing to do with this!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Eventually yes, but at a much higher price paid than the 1.4% of confirmed cases will total. You act as though if the stock market, banking system, businesses close on a massive scale we can just recover in a couple months. Doesn't work that way. Not even close. Just curious, were you up in arms and protesting to your local and gov't officials about so many (80,000) people dying from the flu last yr? Were you wanting all the business closed etc?
Again, your points are valid, and yes im fully aware of the financial impact and the length of time spent in fiscal and economic recovery. Furthermore, I did indeed think that our government couldve handled the 2018 epidemic more effectively. However, and admittedly, I didnt notify my local Congressman.
You sir seem to be pitting world finance against LIFE, while placing the emphasis on the importance of FINANCE.
Remember, Life and the state of our health is all we ultimately have.

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
lol well you got what I was saying holmz. And actually nope. Think about it man. If the economy completely crashes, which it will if shut down much longer, more lives will be lost because of that
Do you have any percentage estimates on that economic collapse?

There is actually some math and science behind the isolation theory.
If you had some behind the post financial apocalypse, then one could find the optimal solution.
However, I doubt you do, as social science is more difficult than hard science.
If social science was easy, we would know why people buy TP when they are worried about coughing.

This is like debating about getting eaten by a shark or burnt alive.
However we see S. Korea and Japan doing much better than Italy and Iran, and we could ignore that, or learn from it. Or we can listen to you worshiping the Dollar like a character of an Ayn Rand novel, and follow you.
There is some happy medium where some businesses remain in operation and most people stay out for a couple of weeks, and we hear you and other talking about two weeks of freedom lost.

Basically I think your moral compass needs a stronger neodymium magnet.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Again, your points are valid, and yes im fully aware of the financial impact and the length of time spent in fiscal and economic recovery. Furthermore, I did indeed think that our government couldve handled the 2018 epidemic more effectively. However, and admittedly, I didnt notify my local Congressman.
You sir seem to be pitting world finance against LIFE, while placing the emphasis on the importance of FINANCE.
Remember, Life and the state of our health is all we ultimately have.
You still aren't getting it. It's not about finances. And btw, I'm not losing a dime over this covid-19 and never will.

·
Registered
582 Posts
You still aren't getting it. It's not about finances. And btw, I'm not losing a dime over this covid-19 and never will.
Im confused, if its not about finance then what is it about?
Id like to add that im not being combative, im truly confused with what youre arguing.

·
Registered
582 Posts

If you had some behind the post financial apocalypse, then one could find the optimal solution.
If social science was easy, we would know why people buy TP when they are worried about coughing.

However we see S. Korea and Japan doing much better than Italy and Iran, and we could ignore that, or learn from it. Or we can listen to you worshiping the Dollar like a character of an Ayn Rand novel, and follow you.
There is some happy medium where some businesses remain in operation and most people stay out for a couple of weeks, and we hear you and other talking about two weeks of freedom lost.

Nice nod to Ayn Rand.
The Fountainhead reader here.👍

·
Registered
293 Posts

Moral compass you say? Holmz I'm more curious why you have a Australian flag posted when you say you are American? I actually am wondering that. Not that there is anything wrong with Australia.

And I don't worship the dollar. Never have. But I know what a collapsed economy brings. And it's worse than a 1.4% death rate of confirmed cases or 778 deaths as of today

·
Registered
582 Posts
Moral compass you say? Holmz I'm more curious why you have a Australian flag posted when you say you are American? I actually am wondering that. Not that there is anything wrong with Australia.

And I don't worship the dollar. Never have. But I know what a collapsed economy brings. And it's worse than a 1.4% death rate of confirmed cases or 778 deaths as of today
Patriot, we will simply print money and kick the proverbial economic dilemma can down the road the way we have always done.
If thats what we have to do to stop the spread of this from reaching 100,000 deaths domestically, then so be it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have any you guys seen this guy?.... I'm pretty sure if we find him, we can live underground until we have the technology to go back in time and stop this whole thing...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 182 Posts