DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1709 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
TBH, your education and employment are why I can't take you seriously... I was hoping you had some redeeming credentials and experience.
Until I met people like you I could never understand how anyone would support a totalitarian ruler like Putin or Castro. But now I know. They have complete, 100%, full faith in their leader.

If he says jump, you jump. If he says a watchdog is corrupt, you bark.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Until I met people like you I could never understand how anyone would support a totalitarian ruler like Putin or Castro. But now I know. They have complete, 100%, full faith in their leader.

You haven't "met" him. And if you did, you'd get a proper education.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
ckirocz28, hydroxychloroquine may well be an effective treatment to manage the symptoms of lupus. But the current science shows it is ineffective against covid. It is possible that longer term trials might show it has benefits in reducing the type of harm you circled as caused by covid. But that hasn't been demonstrated yet and it appears pretty certain it is not a cure.

As for antibiotics yes they are only effective against bacterial infections and should only be used for that as overuse leads to pathogens developing resistance and we dont want any more untreatable superbacteria.
I don't think anyone has said it's a cure, it's just effective in treating some of the most dangerous symptoms of CoViD19, as is budesonide (asthma medication, not sure about the spelling). We don't really have time for long term trials, or people saying medications that are safe AND help are just a bunch of bullshit. Aspirin helps prevent clotting and I'd bet if Trump said it could help with CoViD19 liberals everywhere would denounce it as unsafe and deadly.

·
Registered
727 Posts
You haven't "met" him. And if you did, you'd get a proper education.
Do you always hit people when you run out of things to say? How embarrassing. I've never been threatened by someone for someone over the internet. You've found a way to meta down.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Doing well. Daughter is still having some effects from COVID.....still heat sensitivity and some fatigue and breathing issues at times. I was on vacation this week and we tried to take a bike ride and do a bit of VERY minimal hiking (basically walking on a trail) and she had some issues. We did a lot of things outdoors this week and I think it caught up to her. She has allergies, but this was different.....she looked peaked. The rest of us didn't get COVID, so that is good. She is Type 0 Negative blood and I have no idea if this helped or not.
From what I read just last night about blood types and CoViD19, blood type can affect the outcome of tests (type A tests more accurately, AB less so, O even less, mainly referring to false negatives). As for which type gets CoViD19 more easily, no effect has been comfirmed (likely because of different testing accuracy). Severity of symptoms does not seem to be blood type related.
It's good to hear that you guys are mostly ok.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts

Hey bro, keep it down, you're gonna wake your mom.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Nikolai Petrovski from Flinders Uni SA, has a 40 person trial that completed with T cells being generated in humans.
They tested the vaccine in ferrets and something else, and exposed the creatures to the vidus and they were protected.

They have been in contact with the Canadaians and UK governments to secure funding for the next trial.

So the 8 weeks elapsed and the first trial is complete.

Reactions: Sam Spade

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I don't think anyone has said it's a cure, it's just effective in treating some of the most dangerous symptoms of CoViD19, as is budesonide (asthma medication, not sure about the spelling). We don't really have time for long term trials, or people saying medications that are safe AND help are just a bunch of bullshit. Aspirin helps prevent clotting and I'd bet if Trump said it could help with CoViD19 liberals everywhere would denounce it as unsafe and deadly.
ckirocz28 yes I'm not a fan of trump. But this is entirely a scientific and public health issue for me. It is in no way political for me. I just look at the research to inform my position.

It is clearly an issue that to some extent is divided along political lines in the US. That is really unfortunate and will lead to increased death and suffering.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
David, just ignore this dumb f'n troll. All he does is lie and talk shit about the US. The gig is up. The lies are obvious at this point. Countless doctors have detailed how incredibly effective hydroxychloroquine is at treating covid-19.
Why don't you list the lies I've told. Don't bother with all of them, 10 will be enough to prove your case.

And list the scientific trials that show that hydroxychloroquine is incredibly effective. If research shows it is incredibly effective I'll change my position. That is how science works.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Hi ckirocz28

The link Niebur3 posted outlines the people and groups claiming that is a cure. The FDA says this:

“It is no longer reasonable to believe that oral formulations of HCQ and CQ may be effective in treating COVID-19, nor is it reasonable to believe that the known and potential benefits of these products outweigh their known and potential risks,” FDA Chief Scientist Denise M. Hinton wrote.

If research provides quality evidence that hydroxychloroquine improves the survival rates or increases the quality of life of covid patients by alleviating symptoms I'll happily change my position. That's how science works. As I said above this is not a political issue for me. it is not a political issue in Australia. I think it is completely tragic that covid is a political issue in the US. That will only lead to more people getting sick, increasing suffering and more people dying.

Given Dr. Stella Immanuel thinks DNA from space aliens is being used in experiments I'm pretty sure she isn't a source of reliable information.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
ckirocz28 yes I'm not a fan of trump. But this is entirely a scientific and public health issue for me. It is in no way political for me...
Well I seem to recall seeing some of your critiques of the POTUS... And I told you it was unwise to even think that most people could view it in a non political way, and that critiques are not helping the discussion.

Even the public policy is all political, and hardly any science is happening. To even think it is not a hugely important thing politically is, at best, naive.

And, in his defence, Trump had called for travel restrictions back in Jan, and the left "went off their tits" with terms of racist and xenophobic... then later... those same people said Trump did not do enough... it really doesn't matter what he does, when one side is saying "resist".

There are a lot of story tellers on both sides.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Well I seem to recall seeing some of your critiques of the POTUS... And I told you it was unwise to even think that most people could view it in a non political way, and that critiques are not helping the discussion.

Even the public policy is all political, and hardly any science is happening. To even think it is not a hugely important thing politically is, at best, naive.

And, in his defence, Trump had called for travel restrictions back in Jan, and the left "went off their tits" with terms of racist and xenophobic... then later... those same people said Trump did not do enough... it really doesn't matter what he does, when one side is saying "resist".

There are a lot of story tellers on both sides.
"Well I seem to recall seeing some of your critiques of the POTUS"
Yes I have been critical of Trump, but I was critical of him long before Covid and he is a despicable parasite. But I do think he has dealt with Covid poorly.

"And I told you it was unwise to even think that most people could view it in a non political way, and that "
There are plenty of people around the world who don't see covid as a political issue. It is bipartisan in Australia and New Zealand for example. By "most people" you mean Americans. That is not most people. There is a big world out there beyond the USA.

"critiques are not helping the discussion."
How on earth do you think we can discuss this intelligently without critical analysis, using data, reason and logic? For example, when people are promoting the use of antibiotics to treat a virus it is very dangerous. Antibiotics can destroy your gut microbiome, and that is seriously dangerous. Overuse and inappropriate use of antibiotics also leads to drug resistant bacteria and that is a serious problem. And given that hydroxychloroquine doesn't appear to cure or alleviate covid's symptoms, by taking it all you are doing is wasting money and increasing the risk of side effects.

When someone posts things that are demonstrably factually incorrect I think it is entirely reasonable to point that out. And the more dangerous the claims, the more important it is to point them out.

"Even the public policy is all political, and hardly any science is happening."
There is an amazing amount of science going on now on Covid. How can you say there's hardly any science happening?

The policy in Australia and New Zealand is based on the best scientific and medical advice available. The public policy in these countries is not political.

" To even think it is not a hugely important thing politically is, at best, naive."
as I said It is bipartisan in Australia and New Zealand and I expect in many other countries if I could be bothered checking. I never said it wasnt a political issue in the USA I said that it was tragic that it is a political issue and the fact that it is will cause countless unnecessary deaths and needless suffering.

"And, in his defence, Trump had called for travel restrictions back in Jan"
I'd absolutely have supported this policy position.

"There are a lot of story tellers on both sides."
Despite people's fascination in trying to label me as being on a side I am not. I just try to examine each issue on its merit.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
It is not possible, in the majority of the US, to separate science from politics.

And people just operate from emotion a lot of the time.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I just love how the right still somehow think the entire world is left and all against Trump or maybe they are so self-absorbed (like the President) that they only think in terms of the USA. If this drug is a miracle worker, then why aren't the rest of the countries using it with success as the cure? Or are we the ONLY country with Scientists and Doctors?

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
New Zealand had three new cases today.
I think they went for 60 days without spread.

Maybe they are using the zinc?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I just love how the right still somehow think the entire world is left and all against Trump or maybe they are so self-absorbed (like the President) that they only think in terms of the USA. If this drug is a miracle worker, then why aren't the rest of the countries using it with success as the cure? Or are we the ONLY country with Scientists and Doctors?

You'll get some answers there. And countries are using it for covid with great success. South Korea, Italy, India, Brazil, other European countries and yes, the US also. Of course you won't see any success being reported on MSNBC or CNN or in the New York Times. There are doctors all over the world pleading for their positive results to be reported with some even saying they are having a near 100% success rate when using it. This really isn't difficult to understand. There are good treatment options that are working VERY well. We have doctors that have documented proof of their results. The LEFT are the only ones politicizing this!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
"Well I seem to recall seeing some of your critiques of the POTUS"
Yes I have been critical of Trump, but I was critical of him long before Covid and he is a despicable parasite. But I do think he has dealt with Covid poorly.

"And I told you it was unwise to even think that most people could view it in a non political way, and that "
There are plenty of people around the world who don't see covid as a political issue. It is bipartisan in Australia and New Zealand for example. By "most people" you mean Americans. That is not most people. There is a big world out there beyond the USA.

"critiques are not helping the discussion."
How on earth do you think we can discuss this intelligently without critical analysis, using data, reason and logic? For example, when people are promoting the use of antibiotics to treat a virus it is very dangerous. Antibiotics can destroy your gut microbiome, and that is seriously dangerous. Overuse and inappropriate use of antibiotics also leads to drug resistant bacteria and that is a serious problem. And given that hydroxychloroquine doesn't appear to cure or alleviate covid's symptoms, by taking it all you are doing is wasting money and increasing the risk of side effects.

When someone posts things that are demonstrably factually incorrect I think it is entirely reasonable to point that out. And the more dangerous the claims, the more important it is to point them out.

"Even the public policy is all political, and hardly any science is happening."
There is an amazing amount of science going on now on Covid. How can you say there's hardly any science happening?

The policy in Australia and New Zealand is based on the best scientific and medical advice available. The public policy in these countries is not political.

" To even think it is not a hugely important thing politically is, at best, naive."
as I said It is bipartisan in Australia and New Zealand and I expect in many other countries if I could be bothered checking. I never said it wasnt a political issue in the USA I said that it was tragic that it is a political issue and the fact that it is will cause countless unnecessary deaths and needless suffering.

"And, in his defence, Trump had called for travel restrictions back in Jan"
I'd absolutely have supported this policy position.

"There are a lot of story tellers on both sides."
Despite people's fascination in trying to label me as being on a side I am not. I just try to examine each issue on its merit.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are clueless about anything outside of your flowerbed... You are utterly naive and foolish to believe that it isn't political in Australia and New Zealand. FYI, just because YOU believe something to be true in your underdeveloped mind, does not make it true.

I have close ties and frequent contact with people in Europe (where I'm from), Canada (where part of my family lives) and Central America (where the mother of my children owns a business), and covid IS 100% political in those places as well.

No clinical trials are needed to prove that hydroxychloroquine works... There are many, real doctors, giving it to real patients around the world, with a success rate close to 100%.

1621 - 1640 of 1709 Posts