DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've installed my tweeters on A-pillar with wooden pods facing the opposite listeners and they give a good stage when time aligned on the mosconi 6to8 v8.

I was wondering how would it sound when installed on-axis.

Has anyone tried them on-axis, if so how do they sound at med-high volumes?

I'll have to get another set of pods made if going on-axis so thought i could get an opinion.

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
574 Posts
Just take them outta the pods and stick them with butle tape or a piece of dynamat to wherever and whatever angle you’d like, it’s best for you to experiment for yourself cuz I followed the hype and bought l6se, l4se and l1 pro r2 and went right back to the Dynaudio esotec 362

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Just take them outta the pods and stick them with butle tape or a piece of dynamat to wherever and whatever angle you’d like, it’s best for you to experiment for yourself cuz I followed the hype and bought l6se, l4se and l1 pro r2 and went right back to the Dynaudio esotec 362

with all due respect to the latter, i've been following the "hype" for 10 years and have never looked back. not that he asked for an opinion.

but i agree with the former - experiment for yourself with aiming.

cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will try with tape.
Hype! Please explain so that I could no better.

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
574 Posts
I don’t want to start a what speaker is better fight, there’s a difference between sounding good and sounding real and the hybrids didn’t live up to my expectations and lives in my toolbox for about 2 years now

·
ROCKY TOP
1,754 Posts
I don’t want to start a what speaker is better fight, there’s a difference between sounding good and sounding real and the hybrids didn’t live up to my expectations and lives in my toolbox for about 2 years now

Wow, I have to disagree, but thats audio, different strokes for different folks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got hold of a pair of pre-owned shok industry pods, yet to play around with it.
I'm planning to put them on-axis.
Will update after installation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts