DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , i bought a pair of L1v2 (thks doitor) and made a diy xover with a old pioneer xover that i have.
in complement with L1 i have a set of focal 165v2 ,the mid (6") has a 3500khz xover piont ,i can't use focal xover with L1, because the focal's tw are 8 ohms and a L1 are 4ohms, because of that i decided to build a diy xover for L1
i start with old pioneer xover that i have , this XO have a 2mf cap and 0,25mh coil
so i change the cap for 2 parallel caps (4,7 +3,3mf) for 8mf and the same coil to target 3500khz

upper xover is original pioneer and the lower y my modd
green is negative and red positive

L1v2 [email protected]/o , in manual Recommended Minimum Crossover
3,200 Hz at 24 dB/octave highpass

this is a good xover point for the L1 o maybe change the cut a little up, but with a hi cut the tw blend good with the 6"?
what do you think people?

thks Diyma see yaaaa

pd: go acitve is not an opcion :(

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hi , i bought a pair of L1v2 (thks doitor) and made a diy xover with a old pioneer xover that i have.
in complement with L1 i have a set of focal 165v2 ,the mid (6") has a 3500khz xover piont ,i can't use focal xover with L1, because the focal's tw are 8 ohms and a L1 are 4ohms, because of that i decided to build a diy xover for L1
i start with old pioneer xover that i have , this XO have a 2mf cap and 0,25mh coil
so i change the cap for 2 parallel caps (4,7 +3,3mf) for 8mf and the same coil to target 3500khz

what do you think people?
I think that I don't like the ferrite core coil. Going with an air core coil would yield better sound if you have any power going through there at all. You are going to lots of work to keep the parts inside that plastic enclosure and I fear the work is wasted. Get the right parts and THEN figure out what to put them in...

I personally never design networks using the value of impedance on the label. I always figure out the impedance at the xover point and use that in the formula. Especially when low-passing a driver, the value of Z is often rising as the driver rolls off. Maybe that is not true for this driver, but I would test anyway...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts