DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm a little concerned about the spring loaded terminals on my HAT tweeters. Can I have full faith in these terminals holding the wires securely for a few years or is there a way to add something else? Am I over thinking this?

I'm not planning on pulling / tugging the speaker wires, but things happen. It's a car that's going to bounce around for 50,000 miles so I'd like to do this right the first time. I don't want to solder these on because the spring loaded terminal look to be chrome plated.

Any feedback is appreciated.

-Tom

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if it is the same style terminals that subs use. I doubt they would come lose. subs create alot more vibration than tweeters and they dont come lose.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic attached of L1 Pro terminals (edit because of wrong image)

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it is the same style terminals that subs use. I doubt they would come lose. subs create alot more vibration than tweeters and they dont come lose.
You're right. It's just a pain in the neck to get at these where they'll be mounted so I'm concerned.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They have a plastic cap that you can remove, and then hard wire to the back. I know a guy who did this and it worked very well.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if you strip the wire and push it in there, I bet you cant pull it back out withuot destroying the tweeter. those connectors hold pretty well.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have that type of connector on my sub, solid for 2 years now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My CDT ES mids use the same spring style. I slam the doors at least twice a day and play them loud. Been goin strong for 4 years now.

To answer your question, yes your over thinking it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts