DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have 36w x 14h x 13d. After port and sub displacement, it leaves me in the area of 2.0ft3 net, tuned to low 30s. I have a hifonics bxi1610, and a Polk Audio pa1200.1 as amp choices.

I want as loud as possible while maintaining as much sq as possible. I am almost sold on a 12w7, despite the price, because I've owned one and I loved it. My dilemma is I am half thinking a pair of Fi q 10's in 1.0ft3 each would be louder... I just don't want a one-note wonder sub setup, but I love deep and loud!

Do u think the dual 10's are a better choice then single 12w7? I know its not a lot of air space to obtain what I'm looking for, that's why I'm trying to make the right choice on subs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the offer, but I would like to stick with something mainstreamish, that could easily be replaced if need be, that I can listen to/read reviews about.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's a very easy driver to get repaired if something were to happen which would be pretty unlikely.

I respect your decision though. Let me know if you want to know any more about it bud.

·
Registered
129 Posts
yo man,

I have the 2 - 12w6's. And, I am pulling low to mid 140's. Oh I forgot to tell you these subs are 7 years old and in a sealed box!!!!!!!! They take a pounding everyday! if you want to save a couple of bucks the W6's are the way to go.

PS
I have two of those Eclipse in my sister's car and they are F$cking loud!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya. I keep going back to the idea of 2 12w6v2's sealed in 1.25ft^3 each off my Polk audio 1200... It'd be the easiest too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts