DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn - I sure hope no question is dumb here. I will be testing that right now.

The manual for my HD600/4 appears to say that it's safe to operate each unbridged channel at 1.5 to 4 ohms. Not sure what happens at 6 ohms. Presumably nothing except that it may have slightly less power than 150 watts rms since the RIPS only operates from 1.5 to 4 ohms. Not sure about this though. Any idea? JL Audio is closed now. They're tweeters so as long as I don't hurt the amp, I couldn't care less if the 2 channels have less than 150 watts rms.

Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At 8ohm it will ouput 75W.... So at 6ohms, you will be getting about 100W...
You will be ok with it, since the amp are not running under high load....
Thank you.

Also, if I don't run a center channel, I will have 2 extra channels (with 2 HD600/4s and an HD1200/1). I can bridge those channels for the tweeters - then the RIPS will operate up to 8 ohms each bridged channel.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Thank you.

Also, if I don't run a center channel, I will have 2 extra channels (with 2 HD600/4s and an HD1200/1). I can bridge those channels for the tweeters - then the RIPS will operate up to 8 ohms each bridged channel.
I wouldnt bridge any tweets to your amp. Its just a waste of power.\
Are you running a midbass? If so that power could better used there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldnt bridge any tweets to your amp. Its just a waste of power.\
Are you running a midbass? If so that power could better used there.
Thanks.

Yes - a 3 way up front - XR Duos (6.5s in the doors, 3.5s in the dash) and Enigma tweeters in the sails. I may run a center channel too. It's wired and I did order 3 XR3Ms so the option is there. I have 8 amp channels in total excluding subs.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Ok, so bridge your midbass and you should be ready to rock man. Do you have any kind of dsp?
Not that its really revelant just wondering really.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts