DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short, I have to get a new deck, my 9965 is fried.

my question is this, in terms of SQ, will the Eclipse CD7200 mkII be superior to the Alpine DVA-9965???

original retail the 9965 is just over double the 7200. however the deck is marketed as a sq competition deck while also allowing for a full multimedia package. it plays dvds, its 5.1, built in hd tuner, etc.

they are both dead heads (no internal amplifier), but the 7200 boasts a 8volt preouts compared to the 9965's 4volt preouts. i have heard that eclipse overrates these, and although they are still great, they aren't quite what they make them out to be.

any one have experience!!!!!!!!!!?????

i am also looking into other decks similar to a drz-9255 etc. but for the moment, i am just looking for a comparison on these two decks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
One thing to consider, the 9965 uses the non full speed iPod control and Glide Touch. Lots of people hate glide touch.

I have used the 9965 and in its day it was a good head unit. There are better units now though with the 7200 mkII being one of them.

I just ordered a Japanese model HU that may or may not be coming to the states and it should be above these. I paid $1k US for it and should have it late next week and will post a review.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The 7200 is a very nice deck. I just got mine and it's a much better deck than my old Alpine 9886. Some people complain about the build quality but I think it looks pretty clean. The 8V preouts are very powerful and send a much cleaner signal than the old HU. The fact that it's a dead head is also very nice about it. Cleaner signal and less noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.