DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Alpine CDA-117ri, which so far I'm not that impressed with...

On start-up it doesn't remember the last source used (usually iPod), and instead starts on the tuner at 87.5FM. It doesn't remember the subwoofer adjustment level, and reverts to 0, (although it does remember the subwoofer mode, strangely). Also it forgets the EQ and time adjustment settings I was last using, and I have to load them every time I turn it on.

Also I noticed that when I started it up playing a song, and then turned the engine on, it stopped playing for about 10 seconds, then did its sort of restarting mechanism sound, and then carried on playing.

I've attached yellow to yellow, and red to red. I've read that swapping these round sometimes fixes this issue. Do you think, this could be the answer?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I would check how constant power in your car is set up. it sounds as if your constant power wire is not in fact constant power.....

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
What type of car do you have? There are some cars (such as Porsche, Mercedes, and Landrovers) that use a VW-style harness but the constant & accessory leads (your "red" & "yellow") are actually in switched positions compared to a VW. This would produce pretty much exactly what you are describing.

The other possibility would be your constant "yellow" wire not having voltage at all, although I do not believe that an Alpine will power-up and play if this were the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts