DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking at a lexus is250, what really sells me on a car is if its going to be a pain on putting after market audio in it. I know now days with these new cars a lot of the cars features are tied into the head unit. Does anyone have any experience with this car and putting in after market equipment? If so how hard is it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
There's a build somewhere in the build logs a few subforums down, where someone replaced the factory unit with a DDin.

From what I've seen done, most people just use an ms8/bit.one/dsp6 or some form of OEM integration with the factory headunit. Nowadays in the lexus, if you ask me, OEM integration is the way to go.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yea.. I agree with ^ . These new car got so much features, the stock stereo is pretty damn good. I would use the ms8 and spend money on better speakers and amp than to do the whole deck. Its not worth getting a nice car like that and give up all the features specially if you got the navi package too... The ms8 is what I would do.. But if you want to put a aftermarket stereo in it, then I would save some money and get the base model since you dont need all them nice features inside...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts