1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
shared it to tacomaworld

·
11,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He has pulled a few from Car Stereo Classifieds as well. I'm not a mod over there and don't post there much, so someone might want to give them a heads up too.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
The funny thing is that whole thing started with him stealing one of Bing's builds. There was this EPIC thread on the custom audio and cars group about it, but then it got deleted when the guy was ousted... (basically 40% of the thread was me cryin' that no one has stolen pictures of my work and said it was there... hahaha...)

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
The funny thing is that whole thing started with him stealing one of Bing's builds. There was this EPIC thread on the custom audio and cars group about it, but then it got deleted when the guy was ousted... (basically 40% of the thread was me cryin' that no one has stolen pictures of my work and said it was there... hahaha...)
have you checked?

there might be 20 guys out there across the nation using your portfolio as their own...

:D

it's not hard to make a watermark disappear, if your goal is to produce a photo album of your "best builds" for potential clients who want to thumb through an ideas book. You know, it's just like a haircut, you look around on a salon's walls and you point at the person sportin' the do that you like, and say "give me that one,"

and I hardly think that the integrity of the average installer is so great, or the shop he works at is so honest, that some portfolio improvements are an uncommon occurrence.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I worked with guy who kept HUNDREDS of pics of stuff he liked or found interesting on his iPad. Then he'd show them to customers so they could get an idea what they could do. But he NEVER (to my knowledge) passed anything off as his that he didn't do. I don't get stealing other people's work.

Jay

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ugh, I've had people use pics of my car builds for sites like Cardomain with complete full profiles about the damn thing!

And I had to send legal paperwork to a body kit / hood company on ebay as they kept using my car as their example... and I didn't even have their parts on the car!

But yeah, the internet is a shady place. If you post something up expect that it'll find a new home somewhere! lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
There was a shop in Cleveland in the 90's that used to take cars to Autorama and on their table were hundreds of pics of builds they claimed were theirs, and most of them were ones I saw in magazines or at world finals, obviously not built by them. Never understood showing off other people's work as yours, especially when you couldn't do the same quality stuff. It would have to come back and bite you when you did a job and it wasn't up to par.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
There was a shop in Cleveland in the 90's that used to take cars to Autorama and on their table were hundreds of pics of builds they claimed were theirs, and most of them were ones I saw in magazines or at world finals, obviously not built by them. Never understood showing off other people's work as yours, especially when you couldn't do the same quality stuff. It would have to come back and bite you when you did a job and it wasn't up to par.
but par, is being able to side-by-side the two installs.

and who is going to say "you know that install I picked? Can you get me that guy's number because I want to see if my install is as good as his?"

so you see something in a book, the guy says, "yeah man. we can do that, for you for 4289, retail and since it's a big install we'll knock off 10%"

and you go for it, I mean, 10% is 10%, right?

lol...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guy's Facebook name is Rob Teresa McNeely if you want to search for him. He is out of Georgia.

Got busted by Fred Lynch today...and just won't stop.

https://www.facebook.com/fred.lynch.144/media_set?set=a.10152314027309713.1073741826.700224712&type=1

Guy has some balls.

So please try to watermark your photos in some way.
I have gone through the same situation.People started using my pictures on their websites.Now i watermark all my pics and also resize them.

I have been using this software called Mass Watermark to Bulk watermark and resize my photos.Its quite easy to use.Take a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKviwY-4tBY

·
11,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like to keep this up there, cause people spend a lot of time and money on their cars and it isn't right for some douche canoe to take credit for work that isn't his.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You said douche canoe...lol. Seriously, I saw this twit posting and it was obviously not his work, and he doesnt know cars very well either.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts