DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I don't want to install another head unit and want to solely use my Iphone. I know there's a few ways to do this, but what is the best way?

3.5mm to RCA works okay, but the voltage headphone jack is so minimal, I have to turn my gain all the way. The other negative is that is also does not charge my Iphone at the same time.

Ipod to RCA works great, but the huge negative is that I cannot control the volume from the Iphone.

I will probably use the Ipod to RCA cable + an Ipod dock with remote to resolve these issues, but is there a better way? Also, how do I hook up a 5 channel amp if only 1 pair of RCAs are coming from the Iphone?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the second set up in my boat. I added a JL CL-RLC line driver for the volume control. After the line driver I run signal through a HSE Revolution which is basically a cruise control for the stereo. You set the volume you want while running and the attenuation you want while idling then it runs your volume up and down based on RPM's. Nice and simple once everything's set you never have to mess with anything you can just worry about your driving and your skier.

·
Registered
319 Posts
How about something like this?

I saw this and I'm thinking really hard about putting one in my wife's car since she has an iPhone. I haven't heard much on them but it looks like a pretty clean solution, albeit a bit (more like really) pricy compared to the options you've listed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've only seen pictures so I can't really comment on that other than all of the ones I've seem seem very over priced.

In my case, I use an iPod classic the most because it's easier to use it by feel and it holds a ton of stuff. I only use my iPhone when I need something else like maps. I have no choice in the boat, the headunit is out of reach and nobody makes a remote that controls an iPod that has a better interface than the iPod. I would love to have a better DAC, but I haven't found one that's reasonably priced and runs off of DC power so that project is on the back burner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts