DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dealing with an intermittent issue with my Director. At random, the director will connect but no audio will play over the system. I can push the knob to mute/unmute then I'lll have volume as a significantly reduced volume and only out of 2 speakers, I then change the tuning preset and full volume returns to all speakers. This issue may have something to do with the PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH21 and utilization of the optical output to provide signal to the DSP Pro. Has anyone experienced this issue, or potential solutions?

AudioTec support is stumped as well, and they suggested it might be a issue with the CanBus on the truck (2012 Dodge Ram) and the PAC unit not completing a "handshake" during vehicle start.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have experienced both what you have stated or when i am flipping between presets. However, the only way i can get back to "normal" is by Turning it on/off again. This occurs on both Analog (RCA) and Digital (Coax) inputs

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nah, it doesn’t bug me enough. I’m good with a power cycle every now and again. Heck I even get an occasional message in the director about it being in protect upon initial starting off the vehicle, but the little “retry” button on the bottom of the screen always works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts