DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a dsp.2 but have been looking at the dsp.3. I was comparing the manuals online and the dsp.2 gives instructions on how to set the input sensitivity. The manual for the dsp.3 says the factory setting should work for most situations and only needs to be changed if your headunit doesn’t put out enough power. Is there a difference between the two units that would require one to be changed and one not?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Both manuals specifically say that "It is mandatory to properly adapt the input sensitivity of the DSP.x to the signal source in order avoid damage to the signal processor."

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but the DSP.3 says “ The ex works setting of the input sensitiv- ity is the maximum counter-clockwise position. This is definitely the best setting for most appli- cations. Only if the head unit / car radio doesn ́t deliver enough output level, the input sensitivity should be increased”

·
Registered
367 Posts
That is just a slight rewording of the DSP.2 manual.

The inputs are quite similar, and you may not need to adjust either, but they tell you exactly how to do it and how to do it correctly. Once you know what to look for you can easily tell if the shipped setting is right for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is just a slight rewording of the DSP.2 manual.

The inputs are quite similar, and you may not need to adjust either, but they tell you exactly how to do it and how to do it correctly. Once you know what to look for you can easily tell if the shipped setting is right for you.

Can you please explain this a little further?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts