DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
n00b question, I'm sure, but my searching isn't revealing any answers.

I've been contemplating a used Helix 8-channel DSP (would be my first DSP) and the superceded DSP.2 can be found for less than the DSP.3, perhaps predictably. What would I be giving up going for the older model? Anyone willing to summarise, or know of a comparison anywhere that I've been unable to find?

Thanks!

· Registered
4,501 Posts
The new model supports the conductor, is an aco processor model and also has a better chipset in it, it’s an altogether better processor than the dsp.2

but the new dsp.3s is out and has coax digital input so dsp.3 will get cheaper soon enough I’d think

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new model supports the conductor, is an aco processor model and also has a better chipset in it, it’s an altogether better processor than the dsp.2

but the new dsp.3s is out and has coax digital input so dsp.3 will get cheaper soon enough I’d think
Aha, thank you. Also I didn't know about the .3s, and that's worth knowing too. Especially if some people upgrade and sell their .3 on. I think I'll bide my time a bit longer and see what comes up (y)

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
And the dsp.3 also has the "FX" suite with it too. There's a BNIB dsp.3 for sale in the classifieds for a good price.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And the dsp.3 also has the "FX" suite with it too. There's a BNIB dsp.3 for sale in the classifieds for a good price.
Thanks. I'm in the UK though, so even if the seller was prepared to ship internationally I'd get mullered by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs when it arrives. For what it'd cost landed, I could probably buy a brand new one! Being a European brand they're cheaper here (for once).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.