DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to link the A and B input channel together? I would like to EQ the input side. I also did not see any bypass button for the parametric EQ. I wish they would put out a detailed manual about how to use the software.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was just forwarding those docs for "general" documentation purposes. I thought Doug explained how to do what you wanted to do in that other Helix thread? I don't have a need to use input EQ at all, so I'm not very familiar with it, but I thought he said you needed to sum the signals in the regular "IO" matrix in order to apply input EQ to the summed signal.... Or something like that - I didn't pay too much attention to the details since I don't use input EQ. I'll try to help whatever way I can though - what part of what Doug talked about are you "stuck" on? Maybe I can share some screenshots to help....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I guess it just sucks I can understand anything. Thanks for both of your help I just dont get it. Doug did not understand my question, I cant explain it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just forwarding those docs for "general" documentation purposes. I thought Doug explained how to do what you wanted to do in that other Helix thread? I don't have a need to use input EQ at all, so I'm not very familiar with it, but I thought he said you needed to sum the signals in the regular "IO" matrix in order to apply input EQ to the summed signal.... Or something like that - I didn't pay too much attention to the details since I don't use input EQ. I'll try to help whatever way I can though - what part of what Doug talked about are you "stuck" on? Maybe I can share some screenshots to help....
Here are shots of the mini dsp and how you can link input a with input b and then you can use the parametric eq on the linked channels. You can also bypass the eq if you need it.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
So by "linked", do you just mean so that you can apply the same EQ changes to multiple channels at the same time (as opposed to "summing" which means to combine two or more input signals into one before applying EQ to the combined signal)? Summing and Linking are two different things.

If you are actually talking about applying the same EQ changes to more than one input channel at the same time, via linking the channels before you perform the EQ, then it doesn't look like you can do that on the input side of the Helix. But with only 5-bands, it's not like applying 5 EQ bands to multiple channels one at a time would take very long. :)

So just to clarify - are you talking about channel linking or channel summing?

And like has already been mentioned - there is no "Byass" for the Input EQ on the Helix. Seems like that would be a good idea though.... THere are obviously ways to work around the limitation, but having the option available does make sense. Hell, even having the ability to link multiple input channels so you can apply the same EQ to multiple input channels at the same time would be nice too, just like you can with the output channels - but definitely not a showstopper...

Obviously, there are going to be software-related differences between a MiniDSP and a Helix DSP - goes both ways, I'm sure there are certain software features that the Helix has that the MiniDSP doesn't have...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just used the input eq yesterday. You can’t link the two channels but like what was previously stated, it doesn’t take that long with only five bands. I was done in 15 minutes.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Why would you want to EQ the input? Just select all the channels and EQ all at once. I doubt you used all 31 bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was playing around with the Helix software and it appears that Aux L R are linked in the input eq section. You can set Aux to inputs E & F if you don't have an hec card. Still no bypass switch for the input eq. You'd have to save a separate profile with no input eq on.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Why would you want to EQ the input? Just select all the channels and EQ all at once. I doubt you used all 31 bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my case I’m using my stock hu which doesn’t send a flat response. I use the input eq to flatten the response before I eq the output.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So by "linked", do you just mean so that you can apply the same EQ changes to multiple channels at the same time (as opposed to "summing" which means to combine two or more input signals into one before applying EQ to the combined signal)? Summing and Linking are two different things.

If you are actually talking about applying the same EQ changes to more than one input channel at the same time, via linking the channels before you perform the EQ, then it doesn't look like you can do that on the input side of the Helix. But with only 5-bands, it's not like applying 5 EQ bands to multiple channels one at a time would take very long. :)

So just to clarify - are you talking about channel linking or channel summing?

And like has already been mentioned - there is no "Byass" for the Input EQ on the Helix. Seems like that would be a good idea though.... THere are obviously ways to work around the limitation, but having the option available does make sense. Hell, even having the ability to link multiple input channels so you can apply the same EQ to multiple input channels at the same time would be nice too, just like you can with the output channels - but definitely not a showstopper...

Obviously, there are going to be software-related differences between a MiniDSP and a Helix DSP - goes both ways, I'm sure there are certain software features that the Helix has that the MiniDSP doesn't have...
Channel linking, sorry for not being able to explain things. Thank you for clarifying my questions for me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was playing around with the Helix software and it appears that Aux L R are linked in the input eq section. You can set Aux to inputs E & F if you don't have an hec card. Still no bypass switch for the input eq. You'd have to save a separate profile with no input eq on.
Thanks I will give that a try. Do you happen to know how set aux inputs to E and F?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts