DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Every software version has worked with their current and past offerings (except the brax nox4 I think). I can only assume this will be the same.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
SkizeR do you know even ANY of the tiniest details as to why the newer software doesn't';w work on the NOX4DSP ??

I dev always been curios about that because at one point in time, several years ago right when the DSP.2 was coming out, I was on the phone with someone at HAT (the former US distributor for Heliz/Brax) and that person somewhat knowledgable implied that while the software wasn't yet compatible with the NOX4DSP, that it MIGHT well be at some some point in time in the future.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I understand what vaporware is, but I AM curious if you or anyone understands Amy of the details as yo where the incompatibility between the NOX4 and the newer Helix software lies...which, as you point out, IS mostly backwards compatible.

·
Registered
18,412 Posts
SkizeR do you know even ANY of the tiniest details as to why the newer software doesn't';w work on the NOX4DSP ??

I dev always been curios about that because at on epouint in time I was on the phone with someone at HAT (you know the former US distributor for Heliz/Brax) and they implied that while the software wasn't yet compatible with the NOX4DSP, that it MIGHT some be sometime on the future.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I understand what vaporware is, but I AM curious if you or anyone understands Amy of the details as yo where the incompatibility between the NOX4 and the newer Helix software lies...which, as you point out, IS mostly backwards compatible.
No idea. It is weird, but I have no idea.

·
Registered
18,412 Posts
Actually, I just realized that my post wasn't very clear. What I meant to ask was if the new "virtual channel processing" feature in the new software will work for recent devices as well as the Ultra. I have seen a few posts about this new feature being for the new Helix Ultra, but it was my understanding that it will work with the Ultra as well as other ACO-based Helix products.
Pretty sure itll be on all ACO equipt processors

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Skizer, I am SURE that you are busy and I realize that this is NOT a huge priority for you, but if you could remember to message Fabian sometime soon to get his input on the reasons why the newer software won't wok with the NOX4DSP I would much appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
The NOX4 DSP is limited in what it can do by the DSP chipset, it isn't so much a software thing, but rather the limits of the hardware itself.

As far as the Virtual Channels, the new software does not show the capability for the MINI or the DSP.3. This is likely because a system with those DSPs will not be as complex and won't likely have a need for the extra control. Then again it may just be that it isn't set up for any current products and only the newest DSPs interfaces have changed. At this point it doesn't show it in the Brax DSP either. I'll see what I can find out about the possibilities for current products.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts