DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Helix dsp.3 with the Bluetooth extension card hooked up. The gain on the amp is a far down as it goes and the clip light is still on. There is probably something I have to change inside the dsp but I cant really find the directions anywhere yet.

Source is phone into Dsp via Bluetooth. Is this why it is not working correctly?

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
827 Posts
I don’t have a hec card in mine but it has a gain knob for input sensitivity next to the line in rca’s you can fiddle with that and see

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that gain on the dsp both ways, clip light stays on.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The DSP.3 also has a "digital" input gain setting in the DSP PC-Tool app. To see it, you need to enable the "Source Volume Control" option under DCM->PC-Tool Configuration. Once that option is enabled, you'll see dB gain setting controls in the IO menu, right next to the input name (Analog, AUX/HEX and Digital). Maybe try lowering the gain there and see if that helps?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The DSP.3 also has a "digital" input gain setting in the DSP PC-Tool app. To see it, you need to enable the "Source Volume Control" option under DCM->PC-Tool Configuration. Once that option is enabled, you'll see dB gain setting controls in the IO menu, right next to the input name (Analog, AUX/HEX and Digital). Maybe try lowering the gain there and see if that helps?
That did not help with the light, thanks for the idea though.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
That's really strange. Makes no sense that the amp inputs would be clipping with both the amp gains all of the way down as well as during things down on the DSP itself. The DSP.3 does have 6V outputs, but at low volumes, your amp shouldn't be clipping, especially at min gain settings... What kind of amp do you have?

Just to clarify - are you talking about the clip light on the amp or the clip light on the DSP.3 itself?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's really strange. Makes no sense that the amp inputs would be clipping with both the amp gains all of the way down as well as during things down on the DSP itself. The DSP.3 does have 6V outputs, but at low volumes, your amp shouldn't be clipping, especially at min gain settings... What kind of amp do you have?

Just to clarify - are you talking about the clip light on the amp or the clip light on the DSP.3 itself?
The DSP.3 has the clip light on. Amp is Precision Power junker, lol.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ah - I thought you were talking about a clip light on your amp! :)

As far as I know, the clip light on the DSP.3 is only for the analog inputs (the RCA input jacks). Do you have anything going to the analog line-level inputs on the Helix? If not, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

I don't use the analog inputs on my DSP.3 (I use the optical input), so I'm not very familiar with the clip light on the DSP.3. For all I know, it's always green and only turns red when it sees clipping or something like that. What color is the clip light that you see on the DSP.3?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you get this resolved by chance? I'm experiencing the same thing with my DSP.3 using RCA inputs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you get this resolved by chance? I'm experiencing the same thing with my DSP.3 using RCA inputs
I have the exact opposite experience. My clip LED never turns red now after that I change HU from OEM to an Pioneer (4v output) and connected all the RCA cables to the DSP instead of high level inputs. Even if I have the volume of the HU turned up to MAX and turn the control fully clockwise the LED will not turn on. Maybe it is normal? I have noticed some earlier bugs on this DSP the past 6 month that I have used it and I had to change the software version from 4.73b down to 4.65a after the sound started to travel between the different speakers in a really strange way. The filter also let wrong frequences to pass through to my tweeters and blew them away. I also think that the manual and information about this DSP is quite poor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts