DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I finished wiring up the dsp and updated the software on dsp and director to the latest version and for some reason they wont connect. I turn on the ignition and wait for dsp to turn on then connect the USB to the computer and open the software. The software says disconnected on bottom right corner where it shows which model you have. Once page is open it says connected on top left and the LED light flashes fast green or green/orange. Also the director wont connect and goes to demo mode.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Plug the director straight to dsp and dsp to computer just says not connected and demo mode.

Then i plug director to dsp and the usb output from director to computer mean while the dsp is plugged to other side of computer and still says not connected

· Registered
1,157 Posts
Skip the director and just plug in the dsp.3.

Can’t believe you’ve already got one. Where’d you get it and did you have to pay full msrp?

· Banned
24,246 Posts
1) Unplug the director
2) Connect DSP to Computer via USB on the dsp itself
3) If it still doesn't connect, see if the ACO drivers are installed (Ive never had this happen myself, but have heard of this happening on some windows 10 machines). If you click the start button, you will see it highlighted in the menu to install them. If this is the case, install them, and restart the software
4) If it opens, great. When you do open it, go right to the dcm menu and click the checkbox to enable the director. Save the tune, and shut the software down.
5) plug the director back in. Plug Director into laptop via its USB. Open software.

This should allow it to connect via the director as normal

· Banned
24,246 Posts
Right on @SkizeR ill give it try
If that doesn't help, your local dealer should be able to take a look. Its hard to figure out what the problems are sometimes without having it right in front of you.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,520 Posts
What software version on your using? You’ll need the latest one for your model “S”.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So i spoke with tech support & dsp was connecting fine. dsp tool page says disconnected, but chip icon with model says connect. Now new issue theres no sound coming out. Yesterday when i first installed the dsp there was music but once i went to main page to set crossovers etc & saved to file it stopped playing music. Now theres no sound and the dsp light stays solid red.

· Registered
1,902 Posts
So i spoke with tech support & dsp was connecting fine. dsp tool page says disconnected, but chip icon with model says connect. Now new issue theres no sound coming out. Yesterday when i first installed the dsp there was music but once i went to main page to set crossovers etc & saved to file it stopped playing music. Now theres no sound and the dsp light stays solid red.
Clip protection? Or virtual channels?

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There’s something wrong with software. I got it to work but once i finished setting the crossovers and saved file it stopped playing music. I noticed when i go to dsp pc tool with gear icon on right, it says something about ACO update. I click on icon and says it doesn’t have the latest version which i do, so starts loading then goes back to pc tool. Once i open software and double click on new file “preset box” and plays music for few seconds and stops again.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it working, but issue is dsp only wants to work when my vehicle is running. If its on ACC or start position the dsp light goes green for few seconds then red and amps turns off. Not sure if HU is going bad now, notice when is vehicle running remote wire sees 12 volts instead of 14 and when on ACC or start its under 12 volts.

· Banned
24,246 Posts
Interesting. Out of curiosity, try jumping the 12v constant to the remote turn on input with the car off. If that turns it on, most likely a remote out of the head unit problem

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.