DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to load the car specific setups into the dsp tool demo to see how it is configured.

I tried renaming the extension so it can be seen by the tool but nothing seems to happen,

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes, absolutely! Don't rename the extension just navigate to the location of the saved file from the ATF software. Once it launches into demo mode you can then "load" a tune. This should bring up a file explorer. I found it far more comfortable to dial in my phase alignment on my desktop since it's something you do without a mic.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The downloaded file does not show up in file explorer unless renamed to one of the 2 file types that the dsp tool recognises, but when the renamed file is loaded, nothing changes within the tool.

I take it from the lack of responses that it is not possible or no-one on here has done it before.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Those car-specific sound setups must be uploaded via the MicroSD port on the Match amp. You can't just load them into the DSP PC-Tool software.

It explains this in the Match amp manuals that you can download from the AF website.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The downloaded file does not show up in file explorer unless renamed to one of the 2 file types that the dsp tool recognises, but when the renamed file is loaded, nothing changes within the tool.

I take it from the lack of responses that it is not possible or no-one on here has done it before.
Hello? Lack of responses? I don't know why you insist on renaming the file. The tune is stored as .afpx file and you should load the tune. I'm unsure where your confusion is coming from. Did you read my first post?

ummmm, what?
I might be missing some basic information about his, but it's my understanding that there is no meaningful way to measure the phase response of a speaker in a car. I do know that measuring the phase response of a floorstander placed in open air is still quite cumbersome. I suppose you can take SPL measurements as you adjust phasing to try and increase your SPL by a half db or something, but the phasing adjustments that you make are going to come from analyzing the signal output of the DSP not the measured phase response of the drivers in the car

·
Registered
31 Posts
This does work OK, at least with the 4.65a version. Launch the tool in demo mode for the specific model of the dsp that you are using, download the tune (.aspx) file and select "Load" from the DSP PC-Tool. I did a test using the PP86DSP tune for an Audi Q7 and it showed some of the changes. It's mostly crossovers, time alignment, but no EQ on that tune.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello? Lack of responses? I don't know why you insist on renaming the file. The tune is stored as .afpx file and you should load the tune. I'm unsure where your confusion is coming from. Did you read my first post?
Thank you for your response opekone, yes I did read it. The setup file I downloaded from the Audiotec site has an .af2 extension. afpx was one of the two files types the dsp software recognises that I tried renaming the file to as I cannot even see the af2 file when trying to load it from within the software otherwise, I can only see the file if I change its extension as mentioned, but then when loaded nothing in the software changes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This does work OK, at least with the 4.65a version. Launch the tool in demo mode for the specific model of the dsp that you are using, download the tune (.aspx) file and select "Load" from the DSP PC-Tool. I did a test using the PP86DSP tune for an Audi Q7 and it showed some of the changes. It's mostly crossovers, time alignment, but no EQ on that tune.
Ah right, it seems for the specific amp/my car I was trying is in af2 format, but yes when I tried the same combo as you I got the correct file!

edit, yes all the 62dsp files are in af2 format and there is no setup for my car on the 86dsp.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ah right, it seems for the specific amp/my car I was trying is in af2 format, but yes when I tried the same combo as you I got the correct file!

edit, yes all the 62dsp files are in af2 format and there is no setup for my car on the 86dsp.
Don't have any experience with the PP62DSP, but if you have any questions with the PP86DSP I can provide some answers as that's what I have.

·
Registered
845 Posts

Yeah, the 62dsp is what I was testing with (it demo mode) - and according to the manual, you have to put the files on the MicroSD card to load them... Doesn't seem you can load them into the DSP PC-Tool software directly.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Those car-specific sound setups must be uploaded via the MicroSD port on the Match amp. You can't just load them into the DSP PC-Tool software.

It explains this in the Match amp manuals that you can download from the AF website.
i have uploaded them via usb in the software no problem.. granted, they dont sound how i would want them to so i scrapped it after trying once

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have uploaded them via usb in the software no problem.. granted, they dont sound how i would want them to so i scrapped it after trying once
If someone changes a single speaker from the one that was used in the initial build, it will throw the "how-it-works-together" of the pre-made config out of the window. The only thing you could salvage would be the time-alignment values as long as you don't relocate any of the speakers. Also, if you don't like whatever house curve they put into it, you might as well start from scratch (or use the built-in) RTA,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts