DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

361 - 378 of 378 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Odd... 5.2m would be about 17 feet. Wonder why they put 6.7'...
If only the few backward third world countries in the world still using imperial would switch to SI/metric units.... "Not only is the metric system the most used system in the world, but just three countries in the world still use the imperial system of measurements. In addition to the United States, Myanmar and Liberia are the only countries worldwide that use these standards of measurements"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Greetings

I am on dsp software 4.52a and everything is fine without the director

Then updated my director to DIRECTOR Updater 1.76 / 2.03
update on director passed

Now whenever I plug the director plug to the Helix dsp itself the dsp keeps disconnecting and the director does not access the dsp at all and keeps making a loop of trying to connect to helix dsp, without success at all

when i unplug the director plug from the Helix dsp, then the helix works and connects to the ATF software no issues. But after I updated my director to latest version I was not able to have access to the Helix dsp at all, although I have the choice made to in the dsp software to choose the Director
You ever get this figured out? ive got the same problem still with 1.76 and pc tool 4.65a

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I had the same problem director with updated software running dsp firmware 465a and it one day stopped connecting. I couldn't get it fixed so I had to buy another director and now everything works. But that's a major flaw. Simply running updates breaks the hardware

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
I had the same problem director with updated software running dsp firmware 465a and it one day stopped connecting. I couldn't get it fixed so I had to buy another director and now everything works. But that's a major flaw. Simply running updates breaks the hardware
Sounds like user error to be honest

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
That would be pretty frusterating considering the price of this equipment. I guess ill try to email them directly and see what they say. Idk what im missing.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Thanks again for your input Skeezer. Do you have any idea about what the "user error" for not connecting and goes into demo mode is caused from. So, everything works fine for a month and one day stops connecting without touching programming? Just curious because you know so much. Almost like you're heaven sent

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Anybody figure out the connection problem yet? It might be that you loaded an old tuning file that didn't have the director selected. Un-plug the director from dsp plus in USB from director to computer program all files director enabled and put everything back together. This didn't work for me but could for you

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anybody figure out the connection problem yet? It might be that you loaded an old tuning file that didn't have the director selected. Un-plug the director from dsp plus in USB from director to computer program all files director enabled and put everything back together. This didn't work for me but could for you

nope im still stuck. Ive tried with the profile to have director both enabled and disabled. ive seen a splash screen that even warned " director not enabled in controller" but i dont get that either

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I tried the same thing and it didn't work. In my situation it just happened one morning after working fine the night before. I narrowed it down to the director its self but at least it's not your dsp

·
Registered
2011 es350
32 Posts
Been lurking here for a couple days - got sucked in reading the koontz drama with zapco. I like this community.

That said, if your DSP suddenly goes into demo mode - I would check the com ports on your laptop to make sure it’s registering on a port between 1-9. I know with zapco DSP’s they will stay in demo mode if the port assigned is ten or higher.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Oh I'm sorry man I must have misunderstood you. If you have it installed how are you getting the errors you spoke about? Don't use demo just connect it. Also, are you using a director remote or not. USB won't work if you are connected to a remote

·
Registered
25 Posts
i dont try to use demo mode. The dsp connects fine when i plug it straight into the pc with NO director. But as soon as i plug in the director, the director never connects. And i cannot connect the pc software through the director. The director is stuck at these screens unless i load 2.06 then i can get to demo mode on the director. Their support said "this is very rare" but well see. He also recommended reloading both firmwares. I dont really know how on the dsp? supposedly it does it automatically when a newer pc software is detected? The only thing i could think of is maybe its plugged in backwords but i thought the plug was directional. Does the flat side (of the rubber boot becuase the plug is round) face the bottom or top of device. Mine is currently facing down toward the bottom.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Why not resetting your director, or if it was up to, rest everything including the dsp. Update the firmware for the director to 1.74-2.05. and wait the ten minutes to finish Everything and restart. If you still have an issue enable it in the dsp. Restart. Still an issue it's the director cable which when replaced all worked fine

361 - 378 of 378 Posts