41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I let the receiver do the work.
My recording bit rate range from 1000kbps to 2200 kbps.
I went the DAP route because the signal to noise ratio destroys all head units ever created for car audio. As far as I know nothing is over 120 for head units.
Not only do I doubt its 120 I doubt its a weighted and anything over 90a weighted you will never hear.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not only do I doubt its 120 I doubt its a weighted and anything over 90a weighted you will never hear.
It’s rated the same as the decks like Pioneer PRS99 which is 115 db (1khz) Sony’s Rsx-gs9 is 117 db (1khz) which is the highest. FIIO X5III 120 db.

Also the unit I just ordered is 116 unbalance, 117 balanced Astell & Kern Khann specs in link. https://us.astellnkern.com/products/kann

·
Registered
57 Posts
It’s rated the same as the decks like Pioneer PRS99 which is 115 db (1khz) Sony’s Rsx-gs9 is 117 db (1khz) which is the highest. FIIO X5III 120 db.

Also the unit I just ordered is 116 unbalance, 117 balanced Astell & Kern Khann specs in link. https://us.astellnkern.com/products/kann
waste of money. matter fact ill go ahead and call you foolish because you amps SN is probably no higher than 90DB A weighted. what you are doing is like chasing a she male. it looks good but you getting fucked in the end..

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
a digital source is a digital source. doesnt matter if its the cheapest phone, or most expensive DAP. why is that hard to understand?

·
Registered
620 Posts
a digital source is a digital source. doesnt matter if its the cheapest phone, or most expensive DAP. why is that hard to understand?
So you think the cheap phone is fine huh.

·
Registered
620 Posts
i'm not going to comment. Snakeoil
I’ve lost track of the times folks would brag about being golden ears. When they where tested they couldn’t do any better then a guess when the music is playing off a download.
you must not know much about physics correct?
If we go back to the fundamental behavior of observation we understand that not only that behavior can be mutilated but the mind is also impacted.
In quantinum physics it's called Quantum Behavior.
If a person get 8 of 10 right more than once in a blind test there is no doubt he can hear a difference. Even 6 of 10 two times.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Oh I get it. But the truth is most that say they can actually can not in the real world.
I'll be honest with you. If you listen to live and play real music I'd be inclined to say you more than likely hear the difference between 16 and 24bit. Something about music is proven to stimulate so much of the brain it's beyond what model science can measure.

·
Registered
219 Posts
waste of money. matter fact ill go ahead and call you foolish because you amps SN is probably no higher than 90DB A weighted. what you are doing is like chasing a she male. it looks good but you getting fucked in the end..
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard, and if you ever tried a decent DAP on your audio system you can here the difference as soon as you hit play. But then again by your name I’m sure you have probably lost your hearing and couldn’t tell the difference between 8 track and 24-192 lol. This guys comments about the guy using a phone as source and then makes this comment lmao.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If that was the case you wouldn’t be swapping out your DAP for the Sony rsx-gs9. Since your going to your Helix via optical.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts