DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
If that was the case you wouldn’t be swapping out your DAP for the Sony rsx-gs9. Since your going to your Helix via optical.
Please find my post where I said..

1) I was swapping to gain sq from having a different source

2) I would be using optical out of the Sony

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
So you think the cheap phone is fine huh.
Depends. Is it putting out digital via usb and you have let's say a helix with a sub hec card? Then yes, it's fine. The phone is just acting as storage. Nothing more.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oh I get it. But the truth is most that say they can actually can not in the real world.
If you’re going analog you can hear a major difference from an iPhone to say iPod 5.5, night and day difference. Then go from that to a Fiio X5iii like I did analog and I was like wow, this is that good!! For anyone that has never used a DAP I recommend it 150 %!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Please find my post where I said..

1) I was swapping to gain sq from having a different source

2) I would be using optical out of the Sony

Lol this guy still cracks me up after I have been off this site for like 8 months. Hmmmmm go look at your new build, and you also made the comment to me, that you wouldn’t be using the Fiio X5iii for long lol

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Lol this guy still cracks me up after I have been off this site for like 8 months. Hmmmmm go look at your new build, and you also made the comment to me, that you wouldn’t be using the Fiio X5iii for long lol
I shouldn't be wasting my time replying to you, but holy shit you are dense.

1) for the fifth(?) time, that is not my car.

2a) where in that comment did I say that I would be using optical out

2b) where in that comment did I say I was planning that change to gain any sort of sound quality.

If you can quote any of my posts that say this I will gladly apologize and say your right

·
Registered
620 Posts
So you think the cheap phone is fine huh.
Depends. Is it putting out digital via usb and you have let's say a helix with a sub hec card? Then yes, it's fine. The phone is just acting as storage. Nothing more.

then again I have alot of tuning options with my cd player and your phone isn't going to do that very well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I shouldn't be wasting my time replying to you, but holy shit you are dense.

1) for the fifth(?) time, that is not my car.

2a) where in that comment did I say that I would be using optical out

2b) where in that comment did I say I was planning that change to gain any sort of sound quality.

If you can quote any of my posts that say this I will gladly apologize and say your right

Here is what you told me the other day...don't remember anyone telling me to get a fiio. Regardless, it's being replaced soon.

Lol Skizer lay off the funny stuff.

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Here is what you told me the other day...don't remember anyone telling me to get a fiio. Regardless, it's being replaced soon.

Lol Skizer lay off the funny stuff.
That doesn't answer any of my questions though...

·
Registered
219 Posts
hates hiss, loves hertz/audison.. the irony.

going analog into any processor is going to use the processors DAC as well, therefor making your previous DAC somewhat irrelevant. A single DAC that can handle the clock speeds of the digital input would be better.
Well after spending a week with the Astell & Kern DAP in my vehicle I can say that it sounds better than my Fiio X5iii, both coax and analog. Sounds are more detailed such as the highs, mids, midbass is more accurate as well as the bass sounds so much better. So there goes that theory if yours.

This was installed in two Jeep Grand Cherokee’s and the only difference was my brother has all Hertz Mille’s and I have all Audio Frog GB’s. Same amps and same DSP Helix. But thanks for trying to educate my brother.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Well after spending a week with the Astell & Kern DAP in my vehicle I can say that it sounds better than my Fiio X5iii, both coax and analog. Sounds are more detailed such as the highs, mids, midbass is more accurate as well as the bass sounds so much better. So there goes that theory if yours.

This was installed in two Jeep Grand Cherokee’s and the only difference was my brother has all Hertz Mille’s and I have all Audio Frog GB’s. Same amps and same DSP Helix. But thanks for trying to educate my brother.
I've always heard, "digital was digital". Shouldn't 1's and 0's coming out of one device be the same an 1's and 0's coming out of another?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well if you take a home receiver for example, and hook up your PS4PRO, XboxOne x, Oppo, Cambridge Blu Ray players through digital do they all sound the same? I have all of these and they all have a different sound.

Going through a DSP if your theory was right wouldn’t you get the exact EQ curve? If what your saying was 100% true?

Are you saying a $100 player, playing the exact same song that a 3k player is playing will be 100% as good? We all know if going digital it will bypass the players DAC, but there is more to it than that.

If what your saying was 100% true then why does the 3k DAP sound different than the $400 DAP? Also going analog was big time noticeable. Not just my ears, the other three installers, and everyone that heard it. Everyone I know that heard my system thought I bought new amps or changed my speakers.

I’m a big believer in one amp sounds different from another amp at equal watts, but I’m not going to debate that again on here.

Anyways I was just defending my brother that was on my tag in the past. I rarely come on here, and the only reason I made the account a long time ago was for my brother because he wanted to buy something on here he seen that wasn’t available were we are at.

I really don’t value too many people’s opinions on here, after all sound, and what’s sounds better than something else is after all just an opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just go the helix dsp pro mk2. You'll love it in everyway and you'll, by far, end up with the greatest sound no matter what. You can even tune so good lower end speakers sound amazing. After installing, using, and programming all different dsp's it always comes down to the helix dsp pro mk2

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just go the helix dsp pro mk2. You'll love it in everyway and you'll, by far, end up with the greatest sound no matter what. You can even tune so good lower end speakers sound amazing. After installing, using, and programming all different dsp's it always comes down to the helix dsp pro mk2
Dude this thread is almost 2 years old! Certainly we have equipment available now that we didn't then.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I really think the helix dsp ultra is the best but it is expensive. The helix mk2 is still the best as opposed to other brands. The bit one hd is good $1200 though. The focal dsp is also up there.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts