DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the DSPPRO2.PDF, it explains in good detail how to adjust the input sensitivity for High Level inputs clearly. But it’s very vague on low level (RCA) input sensitivity for HU units that have more than 4 volts of output. Really nothing in the manual for over 4 volt HU input.

I opened my Helix DSP PRO MK2, and played a 50Hz Sine Wave (0db) at 75% percent volume on the SUB channel. The Clipping light came on, and I could not adjust the potentiometers up, as they are fully clockwise from factory, which leaves no room to adjust.

Same thing with my Mid-Base. I played a 200Hz Sine Wave (0db) at 75%, was getting a clipping light. The clipping light will stop at 72%percent volume, but anything about 72% it clips, and i can't adjust because the potentiometers are fully clockwise with factory default setting.

Is there any way to adjust the RCA Low level sensitivity for over 4 volts Headunits? My Headunit is pushing 5.2 volts. It the Kenwood Excelon top of the line DNX997XR.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crickets.....

I've read all the older threads on this subject... Nobody seems to now the answer. Any Clue how to get an answer for the above question?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I believe you have to move the jumpers over to the alternate position and then adjust the pots. Contact member Dobslob directly if you can with the question.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe you have to move the jumpers over to the alternate position and then adjust the pots. Contact member Dobslob directly if you can with the question.

I did not purchase my Helix DSP from Dobslob.... I purchased it from Crutchfield years ago, and they no longer sell the Helix..... Dobslob will only answer support type questions if a person purchased a Helix from him... so, I doubt he would help me out......

I think moving the jumpers only applies to the High Input not the RCA low inputs......

·
Registered
213 Posts
He has helped me out simply by emailing Audiotech Fisher directly. But its my understanding that the jupers affect both the high level inputs and the rca inputs.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I did not purchase my Helix DSP from Dobslob.... I purchased it from Crutchfield years ago, and they no longer sell the Helix..... Dobslob will only answer support type questions if a person purchased a Helix from him... so, I doubt he would help me out......

I think moving the jumpers only applies to the High Input not the RCA low inputs......
This is simply not true at all. I have helped hundreds of people here, on Facebook and man other places outside of my job.

There is no other setting for low level inputs, 4 is the maximum low level input the DSP is designed to accept.

Reactions: tjk_bail

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dobslob, Thank you for answering my question. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is simply not true at all. I have helped hundreds of people here, on Facebook and man other places outside of my job.
I can attest to this... i did not purchase my products from him, but he talked to me on the phone and answered all kinds of questions while i was sitting in the sales office of an audio shop

There is no other setting for low level inputs, 4 is the maximum low level input the DSP is designed to accept.
This is why i had to use a stupid set of WavTech Line drivers from OE Headunit to the dsp :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is why i had to use a stupid set of WavTech Line drivers from OE Headunit to the dsp :(

Did you use the WavTech Line drivers to lower the RCA voltage coming out of the HU so the input into your DSP was something lower than 5 volts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts