DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear the latest Audiotec Fischer software update can import REW calibration files and also has auto time correction. You set it up with the MTK1 microphone and it runs all the impulse response tests and sets it up for you to get a good base line. Which sounds great for beginners like me. I don't know if you can use other caibrated microphones but I'd assume so.

·
Registered
18,721 Posts
Its been able to import rew filters for a while now. And yes, the new software has auto signal delay. I'm just hoping they can implement impulse response on the input side so it can measure timing and phase along with response

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: dumdum

·
Registered
321 Posts
Can the auto time delay be done with any usb microphone recognized by the helix software or only a helix mic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Can the auto time delay be done with any usb microphone recognized by the helix software or only a helix mic?

Not sure - the release notes don't mention the helix mic specifically at all though:

Code:
ATM - The official public beta version of "Automatic Time Measurement" has been added. This is a completely new algorythm and function which allows the user to fully automatically set up the time alignment in a car for all speaker channels indepentend if these are active or passive speaker systems. The new function can be accessed by pressing "SHIFT" + "t" in any window. To use the function name ALL inputs and outputs correctly, make sure that a fullrange stereo signal is routed to analog input channels "A & B" or in case of VCP to Virtual Channels "Front Left" and "Front Right" and play the ATM test track from the SoundFiles folder. The microphone needs to be mounted in a fixed position at the the centered head position e.g. mounting the mic to the headrest facing upwords or in a 45° angle to the inner roof. At last make sure that the measurement volume is in the green/good marked area of the microphone level bar and click on the "Start" button. If necessary it is possible to select/unselect specific channels in the table of the new window.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Mauian, i'd guess any proper calibrated microphone would do the job but i don't know for sure. I just stated the MTK1 because my post was a cut and paste from a txt the OZ Audiotech Fischer distibutor sent me.

·
Registered
18,721 Posts
Any mic

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mauian, i'd guess any proper calibrated microphone would do the job but i don't know for sure. I just stated the MTK1 because my post was a cut and paste from a txt the OZ Audiotech Fischer distibutor sent me.
Ah, cool. No worries. Thanks!

·
Registered
836 Posts

I was just joking but measuring with my umik I couldn't get repeatable results. Well I guess that's not true it consistently reported all of my speakers is requiring 0 milliseconds of delay and set all of my speakers to the same distance as the reference driver. It did this five times in a row in pure silence. Is anyone getting better results. The results I'm getting are no more accurate than using an audio reference in r e w in other words complete garbage information

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts

I was just joking but measuring with my umik I couldn't get repeatable results. Well I guess that's not true it consistently reported all of my speakers is requiring 0 milliseconds of delay and set all of my speakers to the same distance as the reference driver. It did this five times in a row in pure silence. Is anyone getting better results. The results I'm getting are no more accurate than using an audio reference in r e w in other words complete garbage information

since you said pure silence....are you playing the click file found in the sound tracks folder now under the audiotek Fisher location on the start menu? you need to copy that .wave or .mp3 file to a CD or usb and play it through the source

·
Registered
18,721 Posts
In my car it worked, I dont know how well yet though. In Kevins car, spot on.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

There was a known issue with umiks and latency altering, something to do with it sorting its own timing vs the clock in the pc or something similar 👍🏼 They didn’t work too well with rew for timing also... I know at one point you could make two measurements without moving anything and it would give different timings, I bought a two channel interface and an xlr mic which gives way better results, and then I got smaart and life changed for timing speakers

·
Registered
836 Posts
There was a known issue with umiks and latency altering, something to do with it sorting its own timing vs the clock in the pc or something similar 👍🏼 They didn’t work too well with rew for timing also... I know at one point you could make two measurements without moving anything and it would give different timings, I bought a two channel interface and an xlr mic which gives way better results, and then I got smaart and life changed for timing speakers
I have an XLR mic and a 2 channel interface, I'll calibrate and give it a go old school style and see if I get better results. I heard something about a Smaart demo that I was unaware of. I'll have to poke around.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have an XLR mic and a 2 channel interface, I'll calibrate and give it a go old school style and see if I get better results. I heard something about a Smaart demo that I was unaware of. I'll have to poke around.
Smaart 8 is the new version, you can get a free 1 month test version 👍🏼

1 - 20 of 39 Posts