DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be installing a Helix DSP Pro mkII. I'll have two inputs (1) OEM stereo high level input and (2) USB digital file output from a PC. The factory stereo EQ is really bad, so would like to try to correct with the EQ in the DSP.

The output from the PC (USB input) will need little to no EQ. I've read the DSP and the software manual and do not see this issue addressed.

Is it possible to have two EQ settings saved that are selected by what the input source is?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
Yes you can, and wont even need to use 2 different presets to do it. Use the input EQ to flatten the analog signal. Then use the output eq to fix the frequency response. Set the source switching how you need, and they will switch automatically and will have the same frequency response if done correctly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
Thank you, time to do some more reading.
Heres what I did before helix had the built in input rta on the newer models. Tune with the HEC card. Pink noise and measurements, yadi yadi ya.. then switch to the same pink noise on the other source. Adjust what is necessary on the input eq. Input eq is in the io menu, top right button. Some cases it may also need signal delay on the input. In other cases there may be all pass filters. If this is the case, leave the all pass filters and use the input delay to counteract the output delay to equal zero delay and live with what the oem signal gives you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts