DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone compared the difference in Helix HEC BT vs Helix HEC BT HD in terms of sound quality? Is it a big step up or just a bit better?

Thanks~!

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Not noticed as I have an iphone, you will only notice if you use one of the codecs to benefit from bt5.0… aptx hd, aptx or LDAC… but even then it’s not hi res or even actual cd quality, normally they describe it as being ‘like cd quality’

so will prob sound very similar to a bt hec, especially once driving as a bt hec isn’t poor in the first place even from an iphone

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not noticed as I have an iphone, you will only notice if you use one of the codecs to benefit from bt5.0… aptx hd, aptx or LDAC… but even then it’s not hi res or even actual cd quality, normally they describe it as being ‘like cd quality’

so will prob sound very similar to a bt hec, especially once driving as a bt hec isn’t poor in the first place even from an iphone
Hmmm, that is a good point. Perhaps the upgrade comes with Aptx and the ability to tune via BT for the upcoming v5 software.

Well as long as it is equal or close to CD quality while playing FLAC with my Blackberry Z10 (Aptx) is good enough for me.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Hmmm, that is a good point. Perhaps the upgrade comes with Aptx and the ability to tune via BT for the upcoming v5 software.

Well as long as it is equal or close to CD quality while playing FLAC with my Blackberry Z10 (Aptx) is good enough for me.
I believe it does, I can look later at my destructions and see, I have one purely for bt5.0 tuning from my laptop 😉

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it does, I can look later at my destructions and see, I have one purely for bt5.0 tuning from my laptop 😉
Cheers, I'll consider the HEC BT HD as I am so confused as to which head unit is worth buying these days.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Cheers, I'll consider the HEC BT HD as I am so confused as to which head unit is worth buying these days.
What’s a headunit? 😂 I would 100% use a phone as a digital streaming source and a factory hu for phone calls and radio… or in my case throw the hu away and fit an iPad mini 5 256gb 👍🏼 I use a topping d10s and get spdif out of that

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha.

Well I just want a simple connectivity without many other add on. Plug in USB / harddisk to the head unit and just control everything from there.

But I am not so sure which media head unit offers the same level of sound quality as my Nakamichi CD-700 / MF-51 CDC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.