DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrome Helix (Brax) HXA 500 MKII, new clear plexiglass.

Excellent condition, with a couple minor flaws: The heatsink looks like it was bumped on one corner which slightly rounded the corner, see last pic. Also there is a plastic corner broken off between 2 of the terminals on the terminal strip where the subwoofer connects (see 2nd to last pic). The terminals are still isolated from each other fine, I just wanted to mention the slight damage so that I'm not hiding anything like the d-bag who sold this to me. :)

I want $400 shipped USPS Priority Mail for this, I'll include insurance and PayPal's fee if you use PayPal.

Thanks!

Top:

Bottom:

Box:

Specs (research says that the power ratings are understated by 20% or so):

Model number on board:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! :)

My wife has me on a spending freeze until I sell some stuff, someone help me out here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So beautiful.

Did you have a chance to audition it? If so, what impressions did it leave on you?
No, unfortunately all I was able to do was power it up briefly on my workbench to double check that it does in fact work properly.

I'm a little afraid that I'd convince myself to keep it if I installed it in the car, any review I've seen on this amp has been extremely favorable.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks rmenergy!

0.009% THD.
Signal to Noise ratio better than 100db.

Awesome specs on this amp, hopefully someone can use it!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
channels bridgeable? dimensions..? it looks so damn nice...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
channels bridgeable? dimensions..? it looks so damn nice...
It's pretty compact, the dimensions are 17" x 7.9" x 1.24"

The 4 main channels seem to be bridgeable to 2 channels, to make a 3-channel amp:
32 Bridge selector
To run the satellite channels A+B and C+D in bridged
mode, the control 32 must be setted at position B and
control 9 at position 2. The signal inputs 8+7 and level
controls 10+13 have to be used as input. If the variable
modules HCC 3 - HCC 6 are inserted and the amplifier
is running in bridged mode the controls (HP+LP) which
turn to the output transistors, are in operation.
From page 10 of the manual (English part starts on page 7):
http://narbi.free.fr/manuels/Amplis/Helix/HXA400_500MKII.pdf

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
still wish I had $400 but thats above my limit.....I have to force myself to stay below a certain amount for amps...speakers and yada yada yada...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've gotten more than one person saying "I'm interested", but no commitments or payment yet. As of now the amp is still available.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it didn't reach my reserve on eBay either ($385), am I priced way out of line on this or is everyone else broke right now too? The only pricing I can find lists this amp at $920 new.

Still available, I'll lower it to $350 shipped just because I'm in a little bit of a bind right now.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Does that only have two pairs of inputs? Or is that a subwoofer input at the speaker terminal side?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does that only have two pairs of inputs? Or is that a subwoofer input at the speaker terminal side?
The sub input is on the opposite side from the other 4 RCAs. The amp can be used with 5, 4, 3, or 2 channels of input, and the sub input can also be configured to act as a sub output instaed.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The sub input is on the opposite side from the other 4 RCAs. The amp can be used with 5, 4, 3, or 2 channels of input, and the sub input can also be configured to act as a sub output instaed.
Wow pretty flexible. Thinking about it :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.