DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

helix loading a file question with pic

562 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Shadow_419 
#1 ·
When loading the hat does this pop up mean? What is it overwriting if I click yes?

See less See more
#2 ·
Also why if I make a change even if I click the small box above save and store does it change my preset name to some random m1-738173727-2039 type of name. Does it whether it’s checked or not.
where can I find a manual in how this thing decides to save store and overwrite files? This is kind of important and I’m tired of my preset names getting changed or deleted

#3 ·
I just went outside and renamed a slot. Hit ok and it renamed it. Before disconnecting I hit save/store with he little red check box also lit up red and it changed the name back to the random numbers. Helix needs to change he software to make it easier to just update a damn file. What’s the use of save and store with the check box above it checked and lit red if it is going to change the damn preset name back? 😡.

#4 ·
Mine only does this if i create a brand new file. if i load the current file that lets say is titled "latest", and then make changes to it and hit save/store it will by default save as "latest".

Reactions: Shadow_419
#6 ·
say ya have the file loaded and you want to rename all the presets what would you do? If I do that and check the overwrite button before hitting save. It will still change all the names back

#7 ·
When EVER i hit save and store it takes me to a save dialog box, and that gives me the chance to name the file anything i want. What Helix product do you have?

#8 ·
I've never tried to do that but I think I would try this :
1 rename the file in windows.
2 load file into dsp
3 Make changes
4 overwrite and save when done

I have a dsp.2 so I can only have two loaded on board in the dsp at any one time but I have other files in the software folder.

#9 ·
Yeah, really, you want to have the file named properly in the Helix before using the "Overwrite" box - because it's going to revert to the original name when you use the Overwrite option. Personally, I've never even used the Rename function on the Helix. It seems that the Helix software doesn't "recognize" the updated name if you rename a profile within the Helix software while using the "Overwrite" option. Honestly, I'd consider that a bug, but the Helix people may not. :) I would mention it to Doug from MSC (@dobslob) - maybe he can have them fix it.

I honestly don't even use the "Overwrite" option though.

I just setup my tune, save it to a filename that makes sense to me (which also names it that way in the Helix). Then if I make and change and save it, I just let the Save as... dialog box pop up (it defaults to the same name anyway) and then click Save - this way I have the opportunity to rename the file before saving, if I want to.

I tried the Overwrite option for a while, but I just didn''t find it very useful.

#10 ·
maybe I’m confused as to what the files are that’s being saved. Is each file only one slot out of ten possible? Or is each file all of the slots? I was thinking a saved file was whatever was showing when I click to see all of the slots. That’s how the JL twk was. I’m thinking this is not like that.

#12 ·
Ok so each file that is created is strictly one preset slot?! That’s where the issue is at then. With the JL of a file is created it saved every preset into that file.
I’m thinking that when it creates a file and gives a M1 or M2 etc the number is the slot it was created in also.
Thanks for this info. Now it makes sense what was going on.

#13 ·
When this pops up do I hit yes or no? What does it mean overwrite the global settings? What is being overwritten? Just the current slot that is loaded? So if I open the software, then hit load and select a file that pops up. Hitting yes overwrites the current slot? Pressing no does what? Because it still looks as if it loads it into the list of 10 presets...

#14 ·
When this pops up do I hit yes or no? What does it mean overwrite the global settings? What is being overwritten? Just the current slot that is loaded? So if I open the software, then hit load and select a file that pops up. Hitting yes overwrites the current slot? Pressing no does what? Because it still looks as if it loads it into the list of 10 presets... ... Snip...
Just kinda guessing, but I'm thinking the file you are loading has a different configuration for the URC/Director. I think it's letting you know that your controller settings will be changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.