DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm preparing to start my install over New Year's weekend. I already have my basic settings ready to upload into my DSP/Amp. I'm reading and watching everything I can about Helix DSPs but there's not much specific to the M FOUR. I see some indications that some Helix DSPs have built in distortion/clipping detection but not sure about mine, the manual isn't affirmative either way that I can tell. Since I already know my HU's max unclipped volume, will I still need an O-scope to set input sensitivity & levels or will the M FOUR help me with that? I can get one if needed. Sadly, my ex wife decided I no longer needed my old Tektronix and I don't have much other reason to buy one these days. Please advise & thanks in advance.

· Registered
114 Posts
The input gain is set in either 1/2/3/4V levels or something like that, it's in the DCM menu. If you know the max clean level of your source, just pick a corresponding option there. You can see the levels in the main screen of each channel next to the "Output level and channel gain" or something like that if you play a sine wave or pink noise.

It might be possible to see input levels in the Input analyzer screen graph, but I'm not too sure of it as I've not really toyed with it too much. Maybe someone else here knows for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.