DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How would this fit into a two way component up front, rear coaxials and an active sub setup? Would the front components have to stay passive if no additional amp is used?

Also, in what most likely scenario could you use the 7 dsp channels?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Front would need to be passive. I think this one only does 6 channels - 5 internally with one output. Might want to check out the Match UP 7DSP. You could run your components active with this one. It has 8 channels - 7 internally with one output. Running a center?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No center channel needed. I am guessing if only using this device you would need to just go two way active with it to get the best possible out of it as in 4 way plus sub setup the ability to get a great sound with this is diminished.

The up 7dsp is a bit pricey unfortunately.

How does the Helix DSP Mini compare with the 5dsp (apart from not having an amp)
?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an existing small 4 channel amp, could I go active with mids and tweeters + sub on the 5dsp and the use the two line outs from it into my existing 4 channel amp to power the rear speakers and be fully active?

I can get the PP 62DSP cheaper "Optionally configurable as 6-channel amplifier with a total of 8 DSP channels " is this a better device?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for another dumb question are there any decent enclosed sub woofers that would go well with the sub power this provides?

- Subwoofer output @ 4 Ohms1 x 90 / 180 Watts
- Subwoofer output @ 2 Ohms1 x 160 / 320 Watts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts