DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

281 - 300 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the HEC AUX IN - P SIX DSP module and can sell in 10 days for $49.00 . Was sent to me by accident and getting replacement module for my DSP Pro. I can be reached at 703-244-8200. Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have used the Match and Helix DSP's quite a bit and they are phenomenal. Even if the amplifier in here is only half as good as the DSP, it will still be a great piece.

·
Registered
190 Posts
How is the match series amps? Looking to pair it with my p six with a 10fx to run an esotar 1200 but wondering if the 300 watts will be sufficient

·
Registered
643 Posts
Do you have space constraints?

For best performance out of the Esotar 1200 IMO, I don't think 300 watts will do it.

The Helix SPXL 1000 may do it with head room :D.

Links posted below for others to glance at the specs and to chime in for ya.

http://www.dynaudio.com/media/2530/esotar2_1200.pdf

MATCH MA 10FX

HELIX SPXL 1000

How is the match series amps? Looking to pair it with my p six with a 10fx to run an esotar 1200 but wondering if the 300 watts will be sufficient

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks buddy. Space constraints ya kinda. its going into a G37 coupe trunk. I am infinite baffle so i thought I would be fine with 300. The SPXL is nice but retail of 1k and a lot more juice than I need. But I'm anal and want to run all the same kind of amps if possible. Guess ill stick with my surfboard DC750.2 for a bit lol

·
Registered
643 Posts
Lets see if some others can chime in. I don't have any experience with IB installs. I am sure you can get a better price for that amp also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm just curious about which speakers in a 2-way would be a great pick to be amplified from the Helix P Six DSP...
Brax Matrix 6.1 and 1.1?
Sinfoni Maestoso comps?
Audiofrog GB60 and GB15?
Audio development MM6 and Aerospace 28?

It is such an amazing product but I'm not sure if the power provided by the P Six is enough for some people drive their 6.5s.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have mine powering 8-6.5" midbasses, two 4" midranges, and two tweeters. So, I dunno., seems like it does a decent job lol =)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
drives my Dyn MW182s fine. and you should hear mathematics car. Its scary loud and clear with the P Six

·
Registered
375 Posts
So this question isn't specific to the P-Six but didn't want to create a new thread just for this question...

This is my first attempt at tuning, I am using my computer w/ REW connected via aux to my OEM H/U to measure. I am using the sweeps method. How do I account for the volume setting on my computer?

What I mean is, I finished my first tune and it sounded pretty good but there wasn't enough volume. I realized that my computer volume setting was nearly maxed, so I went back and tried remeasuring at a much lower volume setting on my computer but same volume setting on my h/u and sure enough the sweep was at a much lower volume.

The only thing I can think to do, is set the h/u to a particular volume setting and take an SPL measurement with Helix at its stock setting. Then connect the computer and determine what volume setting the computer has to be at to give me the same SPL measurement, with the same H/U volume setting.

Am I missing something really simple?
It is my understanding that any component in your audio system should be set at the max volume before clipping when tuning. There are exceptions, of course, like if your system is capable of playing louder than you ever reasonably would then lower the volume of the component that may introduce the most noise until you are at the maximum normal listening volume. Then keep your hearing safety in mind when measuring if you are in the vehicle during tuning (which I prefer).

There are different theories from there what volume to tune at but I prefer an average of about 85-90db for normal listening and tend to tune there. When complete I usually test at max volume to be sure there is nothing that is out of line or causing damage to components.

Summary though yes your pc volume should be very high up to the point where your sound card may induce clipping. If your system does not seem to have enough dynamic range or overall volume after tuning, but it did before tuning, then there may be too much cutting to achieve the perfect tune. So either reduce your cuts and make compromises or get more power!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
So I am trying to make sure I understand something correctly...if I buy the Optical Aux In extension card, I can run an iPod with a digital signal directly into the DSP? This seems it would bypass the factory HU for this source...is that correct? Does Apple Lossless work in this hypothetical setup?

Secondly, do I need their harnesses to connect this to my factory HU, or can I just connect the wires directly (speaker level inputs)?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Forget my previous question...it was dumb. Anyone else using one of these that hasn't commented on how they like it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, i am ready to get one into my 2010 Q7, 1 question though, is the DSP setting able to create kind of surround sound in the car? like JBL MS-8 logic 7 kind of profile? thanks!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm just curious about which speakers in a 2-way would be a great pick to be amplified from the Helix P Six DSP...
Brax Matrix 6.1 and 1.1?
Sinfoni Maestoso comps?
Audiofrog GB60 and GB15?
Audio development MM6 and Aerospace 28?

It is such an amazing product but I'm not sure if the power provided by the P Six is enough for some people drive their 6.5s.
The more efficient the drivers the better.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not sure if this has been covered here .... Has anyone tried experimenting with the Dynamic Headroom Management setting in the DCM section of the p Six? Here is the description from the AF change log, it was introduced in v3.15:
(HELIX P SIX DSP) - Added the feature 'Dynamic headroom management" which allows to increase the maximum output power of each channel pair by accepting higher distortion.

It does seem louder but I am a little concerned about how much distortion. Are we still getting 120w in SQ mode or do we need to switch it to SPL mode to get all of that power?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Dunno about that.. But, unless it's already covered.. I saw AF posted this..
The Helix V Eight DSP.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wonder what the power is on that.....if its like the P6, 120x6, and you could bridge channels 7/8 into a sub channel then this is a 3 way active plus a sub in a box. It doesnt look much bigger than the P6. I wonder if they could bump up the power slightly...like 150 x 6 and 300x1 Bridged....that would be a killer all in one.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not sure if this has been covered here .... Has anyone tried experimenting with the Dynamic Headroom Management setting in the DCM section of the p Six? Here is the description from the AF change log, it was introduced in v3.15:
(HELIX P SIX DSP) - Added the feature 'Dynamic headroom management" which allows to increase the maximum output power of each channel pair by accepting higher distortion.

It does seem louder but I am a little concerned about how much distortion. Are we still getting 120w in SQ mode or do we need to switch it to SPL mode to get all of that power?
I emailed AF on this and here is their response:

thanks for your email and we are glad to that you are happy with our products.
Actually the output power of the P SIX in SQ and SPL mode is identical, but the SPL mode adds some dB’s to the overall gain.
We have experienced that several users of the P SIX adjusted the equalizer so that it isn’t possible to drive the amplifier to the maximum possible output level (e.g. by reducing the gain in many EQ bands).
So we implemented the Dynamic Headroom Management which increases the overall gain and adds limiters to the signal path in order to avoid digital clipping.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Greetings

My 2 way set up is

helix p six- mk2
hertz mille 1600ml - woofer
hybrid Audio L1PRO -- tweeter
arc series 12d4----1 sub--350rms/700

I kindly seek help, so I bought the p6 mk2 with the director and main purpose is to use my digital cowon player as a source to be connected directly to the p six using rca from p6 - 3.5mm to my digital player

and I am lost in configuration as I am new in setups

The installer put the tweeters in the AB, Woofers in CD and subs in EF output of the p six

I know there is an rca coming out of the Headunit to input A/B

Other than that I am lost, the whole purpose of buying this unit is to connect my small cowon digital player directly to the processor using an RCA-3.5mm cable from the processor to my DAP The installer told me the RCA -3.5mm cable is connected to input EF on the helix

In the setup software everything is messed up and we struggled to make the right configurations and I need help in this as I gave up to set up the inputs and outputs properly, can anyone please help in making a file configuration file that i can load to get my setup going where each input and output is assigned correctly for both my HU and my digital player.

I also have the director which is connected as well

I will truly appreciate your help in sending me a file to load with correct inputs output confirguartions and the basic crossovers set, and the director to be on, kinldy please send it to my email [email protected], or if you can send it here by message

281 - 300 of 340 Posts