DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
7 Posts
The first company to make a Bluetooth controllable DSP with an Android Auto compatible app gets my money. I'm not sure if that's realistic to ever expect to see but I sure would like it.

It should be interesting to see what's Ultimate about this. I haven't been keeping up with the industry. What's a typical time frame between teasers and more detailed product unveilings?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first company to make a Bluetooth controllable DSP with an Android Auto compatible app gets my money. I'm not sure if that's realistic to ever expect to see but I sure would like it.

It should be interesting to see what's Ultimate about this. I haven't been keeping up with the industry. What's a typical time frame between teasers and more detailed product unveilings?
Coming this summer.

·
Vendor
21,089 Posts

Bluetooth controllable, helix is releasing the update for the bt hd card that will allow tuning via Bluetooth. But, android auto, I don't think that's happening for any dsp company. I don't think that's even feasible

·
Registered
18 Posts
But, android auto, I don't think that's happening for any dsp company. I don't think that's even feasible
Doubt it as well, google does have pretty strict rules for AA enabled apps, tuning app is big no no currently.

I guess in theory they could enable all apps when parking break is on, but that would just make all people to short the wire with ground and enjoy YouTube while driving, so i would bet my monies that is not happening ever.

·
Vendor
21,089 Posts
Doubt it as well, google does have pretty strict rules for AA enabled apps, tuning app is big no no currently.

I guess in theory they could enable all apps when parking break is on, but that would just make all people to short the wire with ground and enjoy YouTube while driving, so i would bet my monies that is not happening ever.
Oh you mean tuning from AA? Yeah, never happening. At least natively.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
513 Posts
Bluetooth controllable, helix is releasing the update for the bt hd card that will allow tuning via Bluetooth. But, android auto, I don't think that's happening for any dsp company. I don't think that's even feasible
Any idea when this is coming?

So it'll allow a Windows PC (or tablet, etc ...) to connect VIA BT, enabling you to use PC TOOLS to tune over wireless?

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
827 Posts
The BT HD card is out for the DSP.3s but the V5 of the PC-Tools is not out yet, and you need that software for BT tuning.

·
Vendor
21,089 Posts
Is Tuning via bluetooth a new thing? Mosconi does this for years.
Good luck getting it to stay connected lol.
Regardless, I'll always be tuning via USB.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
7 Posts
Good information, thanks everyone! I figured it was wishful thinking to believe we'd ever be able to adjust the DSP with an Android Auto app. I'd love a feature like that but I understand why it won't happen.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Anyone who is serious about their system does not tune with a phone. Once you use REW and have a big parametric EQ on a laptop... well lets just say trying to do it on a phone is extremely ridiculous.. it can be done.. I have done it with my Alpine DSP.. but it takes way longer and the features are sometimes limited versus the full software on Windows.

Also.. does anyone know anything about this new Helix unit having more power? I would be pleased if they were able to have it make 100-120 watts at 4 ohms and 2 ohms.. like a constant power.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Good luck getting it to stay connected lol.
Regardless, I'll always be tuning via USB.
Never had a problem with the Mosconi amps and bluetooth.
It's not flacky like the Rockford Fosgate DSR1. Quite the contrary tbh. I even did a firmware update recently via bluetooth without any problems.
But yeah, if you have an USB cable that is long enough, then i would always prefer USB myself, but i never could be arsed to source such a cable. :p

And to the others... you don't tune a Mosconi DSP via bluetooth on a handheld device, but with the exact same software as you do via USB, i.e. on your Laptop.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Never had a problem with the Mosconi amps and bluetooth.
It's not flacky like the Rockford Fosgate DSR1. Quite the contrary tbh. I even did a firmware update recently via bluetooth without any problems.
But yeah, if you have an USB cable that is long enough, then i would always prefer USB myself, but i never could be arsed to source such a cable. :p

And to the others... you don't tune a Mosconi DSP via bluetooth on a handheld device, but with the exact same software as you do via USB, i.e. on your Laptop.

I have to use an active USB cable on the helix once you get over a certain distance.. I like the TrippLite active/powered usb cord. TrippLite makes decent quality products compared to some of the no name generic ones you find on Amazon..

You can even plug it into a non active usb cord already ran and make it work if you have one giving you issues like cutting out or saying "device not recognized" on Windows..

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also.. does anyone know anything about this new Helix unit having more power? I would be pleased if they were able to have it make 100-120 watts at 4 ohms and 2 ohms.. like a constant power.
[/QUOTE]
It makes 120w @ 4 ohms and 240w @ 2 ohms. What is your question?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts