DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just canceled my order on a miniDSP 8x12v2 as I found this baby V EIGHT DSP MK2 so now I will be able to go 3 way active in the front of my Tacoma and run a decent mid bass in the rear swing doors (Access cab).
Does anyone know if you can use a UMIK-1 by miniDSP or say a Dayton Audio UMM-6 mic as the Helix mic is close to $500 and ain't nobody got time fo dat.
Thanks!.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
A good option for mic would be the Audiofrog mic, there is a ton of support on it so thats half the battle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A good option for mic would be the Audiofrog mic, there is a ton of support on it so thats half the battle.

Good to know.
How are you liking that P SIX DSP MK2? I just saw a couple of these pop up on fleabay AudioTec-Fischer Helix P Six DSP MK2 Audio Signal Processor/Amplifier | eBay for $750 each. They look pretty damn rough but this would be going under my drivers seat so never really getting oogled.
Deal or no deal?

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Love my P Six. I have mine under the seat of my subaru for 2 years now so two winters and it still looks brand new. The two on ebay are definitely mangled. Its a red flag for me, i can't imagine how they got mangled that bad on all sides. I can see if it was 1 gouge on top or side from maybe dropping the seat on it by accident, but they have hundreds of scratches. But if they work they work, they are super bullet proof and there are no moving parts so it should be fine if no water damage, and i didn't see any rust. I wold message the guy to see a picture of the bottom to be sure there is no water damage.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You can use the microphones mentioned for the Helix software. If you go into the file directory that the Helix software is installed in, there’s a file named “cal.txt. You’re gonna want to replace it with the calibration for the mic you end up using. It may tell you the files in that directory are write-protected. If so, you’ll need to login as system administrator.

Reactions: JackedBurton

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Those amps look like they were bolted to a trunk floor and left unprotected. They probably went a few years of having **** dropped on top of them. Tough call. Definitely ask for more pictures. I agree with miniSQ, get a shot of the bottom. However, in addition, get a shot that includes with the bottom cover removed so you can see the PCB. If the seller is not willing, stay away.

Ge0

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Good to know.
How are you liking that P SIX DSP MK2? I just saw a couple of these pop up on fleabay AudioTec-Fischer Helix P Six DSP MK2 Audio Signal Processor/Amplifier | eBay for $750 each. They look pretty damn rough but this would be going under my drivers seat so never really getting oogled.
Deal or no deal?
that one looks beat up. Typically a person at this price point and with this equipment (DSP) would not have equipment that looks like that. Ive seen 100 dollar flea market amps in a truck with tools that look cleaner. Thats a red flag and he doesnt have manuals or box either. Again people at this price point usually have a least the manuals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts