DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I think you, and most others would be extremely surprised what you can do with 75 watts.
In that case, I'm sure you think my P Two is way overkill. And, yeah, it is. I probably should have saved a few bucks and got something a bit more modest. But I do agree with DaveG and Clange that more than 75 for midbass is needed. At least for me.

·
Registered
19,272 Posts
In that case, I'm sure you think my P Two is way overkill. And, yeah, it is. I probably should have saved a few bucks and got something a bit more modest. But I do agree with DaveG and Clange that more than 75 for midbass is needed. At least for me.
Id be more than happy to give anyone a demo of a system with a V12 in my volvo (just takes a switching of connectors in the back) and surprise them just as I used to when I had a zapco ST4XSQ in my last car :)

·
Registered
19,272 Posts
I understand what you’re saying and obviously gain structure is extremely important but say this was your vehicle and your working with the zr’s/gb60’s or AD ESA’s. Would you settle for 75w and feel like you got the maximum potential out of the drivers themselves with varying types of music and vol levels? I don’t doubt that you could make them sound great but would they sound better with more power?
I did settle for 75 watts for a few years while i was concerned about space. I settled for 6 months with it in my current car until i wanted to be able to demo 2 different systems in one car.

speaking of GB's, 75 watts is enough to push them past their limits with an 80hz 24db crossover

·
Registered
359 Posts
I did settle for 75 watts for a few years while i was concerned about space. I settled for 6 months with it in my current car until i wanted to be able to demo 2 different systems in one car.

speaking of GB's, 75 watts is enough to push them past their limits with an 80hz 24db crossover
LOL. 75 watts is fine for a GB60, but it is in no way power sufficient to "push them past their limits". Get a life Nick.

·
Registered
19,272 Posts
LOL. 75 watts is fine for a GB60, but it is in no way power sufficient to "push them past their limits". Get a life Nick.
I have a few builds that I think can demonstrate exactly this... push them past their max rating derived from magnetic gap/coil height, no. Push them well enough to hear distortion, yes. Same with pretty much any speaker.

PS, it's funny that you tell me to get a life, meanwhile, I'm just on here giving advice based on my experience, and yet I'm still getting screenshots from people of things you post about me. Seems like you can't stop thinking about me <3

·
Registered
267 Posts
ahhh young love, anyway

MW172 being fed 80w here, could it take more power? Yes. Does my system need more power for the levels I listen at? No.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a few builds that I think can demonstrate exactly this... push them past their max rating derived from magnetic gap/coil height, no. Push them well enough to hear distortion, yes. Same with pretty much any speaker.

PS, it's funny that you tell me to get a life, meanwhile, I'm just on here giving advice based on my experience, and yet I'm still getting screenshots from people of things you post about me. Seems like you can't stop thinking about me <3
Nick, with 115 watts and an 80 Hz crossover, excursion never even reaches 3mm. LOL. Keep practicing.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts