DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have details on this guy? Helix V Twelve DSP

It looks like it could greatly simplify my next install. It's definitely got the right number of channels, as long as the DSP is capable. Will it approach the capabilities of the DSP PRO? Who knows anything about pricing and availability?

·
Registered
434 Posts
The V-TWELVE DSP uses the same software as the DSP ULTRA and is far more capable than the DSP Pro MK2. It offers Virtual Channel processing as well as the rest of the FX features that the new ACO based processors from Audiotec Fischer have. The suggested retail is $2000. and they are in stock at the North American warehouse as well as in plenty of dealers around both the US and Canada.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The V-TWELVE DSP uses the same software as the DSP ULTRA and is far more capable than the DSP Pro MK2. It offers Virtual Channel processing as well as the rest of the FX features that the new ACO based processors from Audiotec Fischer have. The suggested retail is $2000. and they are in stock at the North American warehouse as well as in plenty of dealers around both the US and Canada.
Perfect! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you have any specific questions I'll be more than happy to help out. It is a darn cool piece for sure, and has a lot of possibilities as far as system designs.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This thing looks exactly like what I need. I haven't had the chance to use the Helix software yet, but I hear nothing but great stuff about it. Being able to go from a DSP and 4 amps down to this plus a sub amp and a Director is going to be fantastic. Do you know of any dealers in South Carolina?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Greenville. I'm within easy driving distance of Charlotte, Asheville and Atlanta though. I didn't see anyone close on your locator. Anybody authorized online? I don't see you guys with Crutchfield anymore.

·
Registered
434 Posts
In Atlanta we have Cartunes and Monster Customs. We have limited Crutchfield's access to the line. There are no authorized online sellers.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, sweet. Atlanta will be fine, when Caffeine and Exotics gets back up and running from the virus mess I'll be down there every month anyway.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The massive downside to these is you can’t bridge them, it would make a killer amp for a full system if you could

2 bridged channels to a dvc sub

1 bridged channel per midbass

4 remaining stereo channels to mids and tweeters

that would make a mega single system amp imo 👍🏼

·
Registered
434 Posts
It may be a downside, but it certainly isn't massive. I have one in my Optima and it does quite well with fronts (Wideband and mid bass, rears, center, effects, and subwoofers. It does very well driving 2 dual 2 ohm subwoofers and with 2 ohm woofers in front the bass can easily be overwhelming.

If the amplifier channels were less powerful I could see an issue, but there is no problem with he power as it is. And I'm typically a very power heavy guy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My buddy been looking as DSP Pro MK2, maybe it is better to look at the DSP Ultra. I'll come over tomorrow to give a hand installing b&w 5th wheel hitch, brake light wiring and the brake kit on his truck and trailer. His brother is at Atlanta and might know Monster Customs.

·
Registered
18,409 Posts
The massive downside to these is you can’t bridge them, it would make a killer amp for a full system if you could

2 bridged channels to a dvc sub

1 bridged channel per midbass

4 remaining stereo channels to mids and tweeters

that would make a mega single system amp imo
Youd be very surprised with what you can do with 75 watts and a proper gain structure

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone know of a dealer in florida that is actively selling helix products, specifically the v twelve. I went to the closest one listed on MSC America website they couldnt even find the phone number to order it for me.

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
If you wouldn't mind clarifying via pm, I'd like to hear why.
Likely because Greenville, SC is outside of the territory for a dealer in Alma, GA.

Reactions: dobslob
1 - 20 of 22 Posts