DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on this and what it can do?

See it’s in the software but can’t find it anywhere to buy and not on the AF website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
Any info on this and what it can do?

See it’s in the software but can’t find it anywhere to buy and not on the AF website.

I'm wondering the same thing. Not that having a wire is bad but no wire is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The WiFi controller plugs into the control port on the new DSPs (Mini, .3, and Brax DSP) and all new DSPs to follow. It allows you to program the DSP using WiFi so there is no more need for a USB connection. It works quite well with no perceptible lag.

Aside from the programming with the software there will soon be apps available for Android and iPhone to allow Director type control for the connected DSP. This will allow the phone to be used to switch sources, presets, sub level and all other functions that the Director currently controls.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The WiFi controller plugs into the control port on the new DSPs (Mini, .3, and Brax DSP) and all new DSPs to follow. It allows you to program the DSP using WiFi so there is no more need for a USB connection. It works quite well with no perceptible lag.

Aside from the programming with the software there will soon be apps available for Android and iPhone to allow Director type control for the connected DSP. This will allow the phone to be used to switch sources, presets, sub level and all other functions that the Director currently controls.

Sweet :)

Any timescales on the apps?

What is the expected price of the WiFi controller?

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
When the phone is connected to the Helix via WiFi, will the cellular data connection be disabled like it usually is? Or will they figure out a way to keep the data active while the Wifi connection is linked?

·
Registered
290 Posts

Aw dang, so no function at all with the DSP Pro? Audiotec's replies on Facebook we're confusing, seemed like they were saying you could program the DSP but couldn't use it as a remote?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Would it work on a PSix?

Don't think so. This is what Doug told me via email.

The Helix WiFi Control interface is not officially released yet, although I have been testing it for some time now.

I can tell you that for it to function it needs to be connected to a DSP with the new ACO platform. At tis point that is the DSP MINI, DSP., and Brax DSP. All new DSP products that are released will have the new ACO, but unfortunately all older product will be incompatible.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
So the V EIGHT DSP is not compatible?

Dam.... this would be sweet for a tablet / android build.
Unless your DSP/amp has the new ACO feature, then no. It is not compatible to use with the Director either, just the URC.3 remote.

The phone app does not seem to do much. On Audiotec Fisher's website it says "DSP remote control of additional features such as volume control of all sources, volume control of the subwoofer, source selection, tone control and switching between sound setups via Android™, iOS and Web-App for all DSP devices with Advanced CoProcessor (ACO)"

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/brax/accessories/wifi-control

So no adjusting the inputs and output setup, gains, eq, delays, or crossovers from the phone app. You still need to use a Wifi compatible laptop or tablet and DSP-PCtool version 4.5 or higher to do all fine tuning.

·
Registered
17,867 Posts
Got a few in the other day. Going to try it out maybe later today

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,867 Posts
Unless your DSP/amp has the new ACO feature, then no. It is not compatible to use with the Director either, just the URC.3 remote.

The phone app does not seem to do much. On Audiotec Fisher's website it says "DSP remote control of additional features such as volume control of all sources, volume control of the subwoofer, source selection, tone control and switching between sound setups via Android™, iOS and Web-App for all DSP devices with Advanced CoProcessor (ACO)"

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/brax/accessories/wifi-control

So no adjusting the inputs and output setup, gains, eq, delays, or crossovers from the phone app. You still need to use a Wifi compatible laptop or tablet and DSP-PCtool version 4.5 or higher to do all fine tuning.
It does everything the director does

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
It does everything the director does
True, but when I am driving I don't want to reach for my phone, enter my passcode (if locked), make sure the app is on and connected to the wifi module, and adjust the volume by hitting the correct buttons on the phone. It's far less dangerous with the director (or URC.3) because I can reach over almost blindly to a knob and adjust the volume without taking my eyes off the road.

Besides I use my iPhone with Apple Carplay 99% of the time when driving. It would be awesome to have the app be Carplay and Andoid Auto compatible, but that would probably triple the price of the unit or more.

But truthfully I really like my DSP MKII and director for now. One day I may upgrade to an ACO compatible DSP, the Wifi module, and the URC.3 but it probably will be a while.

·
Registered
17,867 Posts
True, but when I am driving I don't want to reach for my phone, enter my passcode (if locked), make sure the app is on and connected to the wifi module, and adjust the volume by hitting the correct buttons on the phone. It's far less dangerous with the director (or URC.3) because I can reach over almost blindly to a knob and adjust the volume without taking my eyes off the road.

Besides I use my iPhone with Apple Carplay 99% of the time when driving. It would be awesome to have the app be Carplay and Andoid Auto compatible, but that would probably triple the price of the unit or more.

But truthfully I really like my DSP MKII and director for now. One day I may upgrade to an ACO compatible DSP, the Wifi module, and the URC.3 but it probably will be a while.
i think once the Audiostage card drops, most are going to want to upgrade

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but does anyone know if the wifi module will allow the DSP PRO MK2 to save more then 2 profiles and as well select between the profiles via the android app ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts